What is Denim Day?
Denim Day is held on April 23 in honor of a woman who was forcibly raped by her driving instructor. The woman pressed charges, but the case was dismissed because the chief judge decided that, “… because the victim wore very, very tight jeans, she had to help him remove them, and by removing the jeans it was no longer rape, but consensual sex.”
Aurora Health Care is a champion for sexual assault victims through the support of Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) programs throughout our system, the Sexual Assault Treatment Center, along with The Healing Center, where survivors receive free counseling, group therapy and bilingual advocacy.
Each year, Aurora Health Care helps around 2,500 survivors through our sexual assault and abuse services. Aurora Health Care is the only health system in Wisconsin providing comprehensive and integrated resources to survivors – from crisis to healing – and we are able to serve all those who seek our care thanks to community donations.
This year, Aurora Health Care Foundation is partnering with local community organizations in an effort to raise the funds needed to ensure these programs meet growing needs.
You can make a difference in the lives of these survivors!
This year, Denim Day will be recognized on Wednesday, April 23rd with thousands of individuals participating in our community – we ask you to join this effort!
The best part is that there is no cost to participate – just your promotion and support at your workplace. A workplace activity is easy to do – and, we will provide you with a toolkit which includes all the materials and support you need.
For a suggested donation of $5 per participant, you and your employees would have the privilege of wearing denim to work on April 23rd and display your commitment by wearing a “Denim Day” sticker that we will provide.
If you have any questions or would like to host a Denim Day activity at your workplace, please contact Jeannie Jackson at email@example.com or 877-460-8730
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th