What is Denim Day?
Denim Day is held on April 23 in honor of a woman who was forcibly raped by her driving instructor. The woman pressed charges, but the case was dismissed because the chief judge decided that, “… because the victim wore very, very tight jeans, she had to help him remove them, and by removing the jeans it was no longer rape, but consensual sex.”
Aurora Health Care is a champion for sexual assault victims through the support of Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) programs throughout our system, the Sexual Assault Treatment Center, along with The Healing Center, where survivors receive free counseling, group therapy and bilingual advocacy.
Each year, Aurora Health Care helps around 2,500 survivors through our sexual assault and abuse services. Aurora Health Care is the only health system in Wisconsin providing comprehensive and integrated resources to survivors – from crisis to healing – and we are able to serve all those who seek our care thanks to community donations.
This year, Aurora Health Care Foundation is partnering with local community organizations in an effort to raise the funds needed to ensure these programs meet growing needs.
You can make a difference in the lives of these survivors!
This year, Denim Day will be recognized on Wednesday, April 23rd with thousands of individuals participating in our community – we ask you to join this effort!
The best part is that there is no cost to participate – just your promotion and support at your workplace. A workplace activity is easy to do – and, we will provide you with a toolkit which includes all the materials and support you need.
For a suggested donation of $5 per participant, you and your employees would have the privilege of wearing denim to work on April 23rd and display your commitment by wearing a “Denim Day” sticker that we will provide.
If you have any questions or would like to host a Denim Day activity at your workplace, please contact Jeannie Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-460-8730
- Join the Fight Against Cancer! Register for the Relay For Life of the Southern Eight!
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry