What is Denim Day?
Denim Day is held on April 23 in honor of a woman who was forcibly raped by her driving instructor. The woman pressed charges, but the case was dismissed because the chief judge decided that, “… because the victim wore very, very tight jeans, she had to help him remove them, and by removing the jeans it was no longer rape, but consensual sex.”
Aurora Health Care is a champion for sexual assault victims through the support of Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) programs throughout our system, the Sexual Assault Treatment Center, along with The Healing Center, where survivors receive free counseling, group therapy and bilingual advocacy.
Each year, Aurora Health Care helps around 2,500 survivors through our sexual assault and abuse services. Aurora Health Care is the only health system in Wisconsin providing comprehensive and integrated resources to survivors – from crisis to healing – and we are able to serve all those who seek our care thanks to community donations.
This year, Aurora Health Care Foundation is partnering with local community organizations in an effort to raise the funds needed to ensure these programs meet growing needs.
You can make a difference in the lives of these survivors!
This year, Denim Day will be recognized on Wednesday, April 23rd with thousands of individuals participating in our community – we ask you to join this effort!
The best part is that there is no cost to participate – just your promotion and support at your workplace. A workplace activity is easy to do – and, we will provide you with a toolkit which includes all the materials and support you need.
For a suggested donation of $5 per participant, you and your employees would have the privilege of wearing denim to work on April 23rd and display your commitment by wearing a “Denim Day” sticker that we will provide.
If you have any questions or would like to host a Denim Day activity at your workplace, please contact Jeannie Jackson at email@example.com or 877-460-8730
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st
- Cudahy Family Library presents Antique Appraisal Event
- Cell phones and 911.