Held in the fourth floor Conference Center of the UWM Golda Meir Library (2311 E. Hartford Ave.), the Friends Spring Used Book Sale will offer over 6000 used books in a wide range of categories including fiction, history, biography, social sciences and more.
The sale will run from Monday, April 7 through Wednesday, April 9.
There will also be a Special Preview Sale for current Friends members ONLY on Sunday, April 6, from 3 to 5 p.m.
Friends memberships (starting at $35) will be available at the door during the Preview Sale. A silent auction will be held, featuring items including Diamond Box tickets to a Brewers game with UWM's resident baseball expert and a private showing at the UWM Planetarium.
There is a purchase limit of 20 items per Friend at the Preview Sale. RSVPs are requested (firstname.lastname@example.org). Those who RSVP "yes" will be entered into a drawing. Parking is free on Sundays in the UWM Union Parking Garage.
On Monday, April 7, the sale is open to UWM students, faculty, and staff ONLY, from noon to 6 p.m.
On Tuesday, April 8, from 10 am to 6 pm and on Wednesday, April 9, from 10 am to 4 pm., the sale is open to the public.
Most hardcovers will be priced at $3 and paperbacks $1 or $.25. On Wednesday, a bag of books will cost just $5.
Cash or checks only. All proceeds benefit the UWM Libraries.
For more information, call 414-229-4786 or 414-229-6202.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Spring Salad Luncheom
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- State Budget Information Session, Monday, April 20
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- Afternoon Tea Delight at Cudahy Family Library
- Last Market & Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- Seniors Trip to Brewers-Dodgers Game
- Over 100 Performers! A Night You Won't Want to Miss! May 1 GALA EXTRAVAGANZA
- Beth Stoddard: Landscapes and Still Lifes Art Exhibition of Oil Paintings at the Greenfield Public Libarary, April 2015
- Spring Artwalk