Held in the fourth floor Conference Center of the UWM Golda Meir Library (2311 E. Hartford Ave.), the Friends Spring Used Book Sale will offer over 6000 used books in a wide range of categories including fiction, history, biography, social sciences and more.
The sale will run from Monday, April 7 through Wednesday, April 9.
There will also be a Special Preview Sale for current Friends members ONLY on Sunday, April 6, from 3 to 5 p.m.
Friends memberships (starting at $35) will be available at the door during the Preview Sale. A silent auction will be held, featuring items including Diamond Box tickets to a Brewers game with UWM's resident baseball expert and a private showing at the UWM Planetarium.
There is a purchase limit of 20 items per Friend at the Preview Sale. RSVPs are requested (firstname.lastname@example.org). Those who RSVP "yes" will be entered into a drawing. Parking is free on Sundays in the UWM Union Parking Garage.
On Monday, April 7, the sale is open to UWM students, faculty, and staff ONLY, from noon to 6 p.m.
On Tuesday, April 8, from 10 am to 6 pm and on Wednesday, April 9, from 10 am to 4 pm., the sale is open to the public.
Most hardcovers will be priced at $3 and paperbacks $1 or $.25. On Wednesday, a bag of books will cost just $5.
Cash or checks only. All proceeds benefit the UWM Libraries.
For more information, call 414-229-4786 or 414-229-6202.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrate Independence Day at Humboldt Park
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Back to School Event for Foster Children Urges Public to Volunteer
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Memoir about Oak Creek