Ron Winkler is “Mr. Town of Lake.” No one knows more about the history of Town of Lake than Winkler. In his new book The Town of Lake published by Arcadia Publishing, Winkler takes the reader on a journey around the town that was created in 1838. According to Winkler, “Beginning in 1850 and ending in 1954, Lake passed out of existence piecemeal as its farmland was developed.” Milwaukee claimed portions of Lake, with other sections becoming Bay View, Cudahy, and St. Francis, and what was left of the town was consolidated with Milwaukee in 1954.
Everything you wanted to know about Town of Lake will be revealed on Thursday, April 24th at 6 p. m. at the St. Francis Brewery at 3825 South Kinnickinnic Avenue. Ron Winkler will be the speaker at this event sponsored by the St. Francis Historical Society. Please join us for dinner and stay for Ron’s talk. There will be three selections from the lunch menu at a price of $10, including beverage and dessert. Please RSVP by calling Anna Passante at 414-482-1781 or St.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- OAKVIEW BUSINESS PARK LOOKS TO CAPITALIZE ON ROBUST OAK CREEK DEVELOPMENT MARKET
- Huge Bicycle Auction
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- A Disappearing Continues!
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Holly and Joey Baird of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener at the Cudahy Family Library in June