Ron Winkler is “Mr. Town of Lake.” No one knows more about the history of Town of Lake than Winkler. In his new book The Town of Lake published by Arcadia Publishing, Winkler takes the reader on a journey around the town that was created in 1838. According to Winkler, “Beginning in 1850 and ending in 1954, Lake passed out of existence piecemeal as its farmland was developed.” Milwaukee claimed portions of Lake, with other sections becoming Bay View, Cudahy, and St. Francis, and what was left of the town was consolidated with Milwaukee in 1954.
Everything you wanted to know about Town of Lake will be revealed on Thursday, April 24th at 6 p. m. at the St. Francis Brewery at 3825 South Kinnickinnic Avenue. Ron Winkler will be the speaker at this event sponsored by the St. Francis Historical Society. Please join us for dinner and stay for Ron’s talk. There will be three selections from the lunch menu at a price of $10, including beverage and dessert. Please RSVP by calling Anna Passante at 414-482-1781 or St.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Thank you from the Humboldt Park 4th of July Association
- It's South Shore Frolics Time!