Ron Winkler is “Mr. Town of Lake.” No one knows more about the history of Town of Lake than Winkler. In his new book The Town of Lake published by Arcadia Publishing, Winkler takes the reader on a journey around the town that was created in 1838. According to Winkler, “Beginning in 1850 and ending in 1954, Lake passed out of existence piecemeal as its farmland was developed.” Milwaukee claimed portions of Lake, with other sections becoming Bay View, Cudahy, and St. Francis, and what was left of the town was consolidated with Milwaukee in 1954.
Everything you wanted to know about Town of Lake will be revealed on Thursday, April 24th at 6 p. m. at the St. Francis Brewery at 3825 South Kinnickinnic Avenue. Ron Winkler will be the speaker at this event sponsored by the St. Francis Historical Society. Please join us for dinner and stay for Ron’s talk. There will be three selections from the lunch menu at a price of $10, including beverage and dessert. Please RSVP by calling Anna Passante at 414-482-1781 or St.email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Little House Book Club at St. Francis Library
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Lego Club Launches at St. Francis Library
- Kohl's Wild Theater
- 2014 Breakfast with Santa
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Christmas Rummage & Bake Sales at Depot on Saturday
- BBB's 8 Tips to Avoid Locksmith Scams
- Chanukah in the Chocolate Factory!
- Kick Off Chanukah at East Side Public Menorah Celebration