20th Assembly District Candidate Mike Pierce to Step Down as Director at ESGR in Favor of Campaign
Mike Pierce has decided to relinquish his responsibilities as Director with the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) for Wisconsin’s Employment Initiative Program. The decision was made to avoid any concern with the Hatch Act and his campaign for the 20th Assembly District.
“A campaign that reflects our qualities is important to the citizens of the District,” said Pierce. "Integrity is paramount. Therefore, we must execute a successful campaign without compromise.”
The Hatch Act1 is a federal law whose main provision prohibits employees and volunteers in the executive branch of the federal government from engaging in partisan political activity.
In April 2011, Pierce was selected by the then Chairman, Dick Vallin, as the Director of the Employment Initiative Program. He was Wisconsin’s first program director during exceptional high unemployment for Guard, Reserve and veteran personnel. The ESGR is a Department of Defense agency that supports Guard and Reserve personnel with employer relations and employment opportunity.
Pierce was instrumental in several initiatives for improving employment opportunities for Guard and Reserve personnel. He pioneered several networking programs and actively supported the first Veteran Affinity Group summit for Southeastern Wisconsin. Following the summit, Pierce hosted the Veteran Professionals of Milwaukee event at the War Memorial in Milwaukee.
Wisconsin’s current ESGR chairman, Mike Williams, recognized Pierce for his “dedicated support to military families, service members and employers. He played a key role in our success,” Williams said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cool It at St. Ann Center Jewelry Sale and Ice Cream Social
- ART TO ART: True Stories
- High Tech Comes to Hair Replacement Business
- Alverno College Awarded Two-Year College Ready Grant from Great Lakes
- Two Fun Dog Events Coming Soon
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus