Father’s Day is the day we set aside each year to celebrate and thank dad for his many contributions. However, one thing that should not be celebrated this year or anytime, is dad’s addiction to tobacco.
A father’s influence on his children is great, and as a dad he should want to ensure that the decisions he makes are the right ones so that they do not negatively impact his children. When dad smokes, he is not only putting his life at risk, but is signaling to his family that is okay for them to follow in his footsteps.
The Wisconsin Tobacco Prevention and Poverty Network (WTPPN) is working to get the message out this Father’s Day that smoking rates among people in diverse populations are decreasing at a slower rate than the overall population. Therefore it is imperative that we as a community become aware of the tobacco industry’s savvy marketing tactics that target specific areas of Milwaukee in an effort to keep dad and his family addicted.
The love a father feels from his children on Father’s Day should be enough to make him want to quit smoking and as someone who loves their father unconditionally, we should all encourage him, if he is unable to quit on his own, to give up this deadly habit.
- BBB Tips to Ensure Wise Giving on Memorial Day
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- OAKVIEW BUSINESS PARK LOOKS TO CAPITALIZE ON ROBUST OAK CREEK DEVELOPMENT MARKET
- Huge Bicycle Auction
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- A Disappearing Continues!
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs