I woke up to the sound of screaming last night , saw that there was a street fight out side of my house and so called 911 .
I live in Brown Deer but I found myself speaking to very patient emergency dispatchers from all over the area , except Brown Deer .
After five minutes of , " no one is available right now your call is important to us,please stay on the line " pre - recorded messages ; Brown Deer PD were finally reached .
Cell phones , I conclude , were a step backwards .
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Healing In The Garden
- Celebrate Independence Day at Humboldt Park
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Back to School Event for Foster Children Urges Public to Volunteer
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!