I woke up to the sound of screaming last night , saw that there was a street fight out side of my house and so called 911 .
I live in Brown Deer but I found myself speaking to very patient emergency dispatchers from all over the area , except Brown Deer .
After five minutes of , " no one is available right now your call is important to us,please stay on the line " pre - recorded messages ; Brown Deer PD were finally reached .
Cell phones , I conclude , were a step backwards .
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Patrick’s Day Concert with David HB Drake
- Skip Jones ~Songs from Grandpa’s River
- Cinderella at the Avalon: A Cudahy Family Library Benefit
- Why You Should Care About National Consumer Protection Week
- Comedy Hypnotist Steven Coppola and Boston Comedian Mark Scalia to Perform at Franklin Elks
- Black History Month, A Time to End Smoking and Save Lives
- Milwaukee Concert Band Winter Concert
- Memory Cafes coming to Bay View!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Open Studio: Wearable Art
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion