I woke up to the sound of screaming last night , saw that there was a street fight out side of my house and so called 911 .
I live in Brown Deer but I found myself speaking to very patient emergency dispatchers from all over the area , except Brown Deer .
After five minutes of , " no one is available right now your call is important to us,please stay on the line " pre - recorded messages ; Brown Deer PD were finally reached .
Cell phones , I conclude , were a step backwards .
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cool It at St. Ann Center Jewelry Sale and Ice Cream Social
- ART TO ART: True Stories
- High Tech Comes to Hair Replacement Business
- Alverno College Awarded Two-Year College Ready Grant from Great Lakes
- Two Fun Dog Events Coming Soon
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Rose Tattoo folk group to be revived in Milwaukee
- Bayview Historical Society 35th Anniversary Celebration
- St. Thomas More High School to Dedicate New Gym Floor to Coach Rick Majerus