Local theater company Theater RED is proud to announce that it will produce the world premiere of “A Lady in Waiting” this August at Soulstice Theatre. “A Lady in Waiting,” written by local playwright Liz Shipe, is an adventurous new twist on the legendary story of “Robin Hood,” as told from a female point of view.
This new work showcases Robin Hood as a man, as opposed to a hero, and puts the well-worn characters of Sherwood Forest through conspiracy, death and adventure. Told through the eyes of a servant to Maid Marian, the show creates a more complex Nottingham than in traditional “Robin Hood” fiction; good men lie, bad men are noble, and women try to find their place as more than bargaining chips outside castle walls.
This is the second world premiere production by Theater RED, founded by local actors Christopher Elst and Marcee Doherty-Elst. The Elsts founded Theater RED to produce works that provide substantial roles for women, growth for artists and support new playwrights – especially local work.
In the charitable spirit of Robin Hood, Theater RED and Soulstice Theatre will donate a portion of their box office sales for “A Lady in Waiting” to Hunger Task Force. For more information on the organization and its mission, visit: www.hungertaskforce.org.
Performances of “A Lady in Waiting” will take place August 7-9, 14-16 and 21-23 at 7:30 p.m. at Soulstice Theatre, located at 3770 Pennsylvania Ave., Suite 2 in St. Francis, Wisconsin. The Keith Tamsett Studio Theater seats 80 patrons and offers refreshments before the show and during intermission.
Tickets are $15 and are available for sale at www.theaterred.com. For more information about the show, visit the Theater RED webpage or Facebook page, at www.facebook.com/TheaterRed.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar