Local theater company Theater RED is proud to announce that it will produce the world premiere of “A Lady in Waiting” this August at Soulstice Theatre. “A Lady in Waiting,” written by local playwright Liz Shipe, is an adventurous new twist on the legendary story of “Robin Hood,” as told from a female point of view.
This new work showcases Robin Hood as a man, as opposed to a hero, and puts the well-worn characters of Sherwood Forest through conspiracy, death and adventure. Told through the eyes of a servant to Maid Marian, the show creates a more complex Nottingham than in traditional “Robin Hood” fiction; good men lie, bad men are noble, and women try to find their place as more than bargaining chips outside castle walls.
This is the second world premiere production by Theater RED, founded by local actors Christopher Elst and Marcee Doherty-Elst. The Elsts founded Theater RED to produce works that provide substantial roles for women, growth for artists and support new playwrights – especially local work.
In the charitable spirit of Robin Hood, Theater RED and Soulstice Theatre will donate a portion of their box office sales for “A Lady in Waiting” to Hunger Task Force. For more information on the organization and its mission, visit: www.hungertaskforce.org.
Performances of “A Lady in Waiting” will take place August 7-9, 14-16 and 21-23 at 7:30 p.m. at Soulstice Theatre, located at 3770 Pennsylvania Ave., Suite 2 in St. Francis, Wisconsin. The Keith Tamsett Studio Theater seats 80 patrons and offers refreshments before the show and during intermission.
Tickets are $15 and are available for sale at www.theaterred.com. For more information about the show, visit the Theater RED webpage or Facebook page, at www.facebook.com/TheaterRed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Franklin Artist Wins "Best of Show" at 2015 League of Milwaukee Artists' Spring Show
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- #1 Show Cats in the World live right here in Milwaukee
- Holocaust Remembrance Service
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter