Announcing St. Ann Center’s 1 mile walk and 5k fun run
for pets and people of all ages and abilities!
St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care will be hosting its first ever pet-friendly fun walk/run through St. Ann Center, the Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi Motherhouse and St. Francis Seminary grounds. The race will take place Saturday October 4th event starting at 9:00 for check-in, run/walk beginning at 10:00.
This event has been inspired by, Darby, our very first canine volunteer, who showed us the therapeutic value that a loving pet provides. Since Darby, we have welcomed many furry friends to our center. Our first ever Darby’s Dash Run/Walk will honor the memory of Darby and the difference all our canine volunteers have made to the children and clients at St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care.
St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care is a non-profit located on Milwaukee’s Southside for over 30 years. The center sponsored by the sisters of St. Francis of Assisi takes care of children, adults with severe disabilities and the frail elderly regardless of the ability to pay. The center is also in the process of replicating its current facility to the Northside of Milwaukee.
The event will feature
• Wellness products, pet supplies and local vendors.
• Pre-run blessing of the pets
• Free post race chair massages
• Costume contest
Registration for participants is open with a pre-registration discount available on the St. Ann Center website: www.stanncenter.org/dash.
Become more involved and support the event:
• Sponsorships opportunities available: www.stanncenter.org/dash.
• Vendor booth space also available for only $50.
• Volunteers needed.
For additional information about this exciting new event please contact Annie Hyma. Phone: (414) 977-5026 and Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First Annual Taste of the Gateway: Wednesday, July 20
- Celebrate Summer at the Annual East Side Community BBQ!
- Bluegrass Fest Benefit to Pulaski Park-Cudahy
- Pancake Breakfast at the Kelly Center
- Hoops for Awareness
- The South Shore Farmers Market is open for the season
- Shop St. Francis Week - June 27 to July 4th Offers discounts and offers!
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - Know Your Leaf
- Bay View Senior Awarded Rotary Scholarship
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"