Announcing St. Ann Center’s 1 mile walk and 5k fun run
for pets and people of all ages and abilities!
St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care will be hosting its first ever pet-friendly fun walk/run through St. Ann Center, the Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi Motherhouse and St. Francis Seminary grounds. The race will take place Saturday October 4th event starting at 9:00 for check-in, run/walk beginning at 10:00.
This event has been inspired by, Darby, our very first canine volunteer, who showed us the therapeutic value that a loving pet provides. Since Darby, we have welcomed many furry friends to our center. Our first ever Darby’s Dash Run/Walk will honor the memory of Darby and the difference all our canine volunteers have made to the children and clients at St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care.
St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care is a non-profit located on Milwaukee’s Southside for over 30 years. The center sponsored by the sisters of St. Francis of Assisi takes care of children, adults with severe disabilities and the frail elderly regardless of the ability to pay. The center is also in the process of replicating its current facility to the Northside of Milwaukee.
The event will feature
• Wellness products, pet supplies and local vendors.
• Pre-run blessing of the pets
• Free post race chair massages
• Costume contest
Registration for participants is open with a pre-registration discount available on the St. Ann Center website: www.stanncenter.org/dash.
Become more involved and support the event:
• Sponsorships opportunities available: www.stanncenter.org/dash.
• Vendor booth space also available for only $50.
• Volunteers needed.
For additional information about this exciting new event please contact Annie Hyma. Phone: (414) 977-5026 and Email: email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: February schedule
- LOST Miniature Poodle in Wauwatosa
- Encouraging Kindness in your Children
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Chicago Block Clubs and Social Justice Examined in Talk at UWM, Feb. 26
- Author Discusses Book on Milwaukee's School Choice Movement, at UWM on Feb. 23
- Talk on Religion, Ecology and Identity in Southern Africa at UWM Feb. 19