Learn How You Can Become A Big Brother, Big Sister Feb. 24
Learn about mentoring opportunities offered through Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) of Metro Milwaukee during “Mentoring 101,” offered at Noon and 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 24 at the agency’s downtown office, 788 N. Jefferson St., Suite 600.
Learn about the basics of mentoring, the enrollment process, time commitment and advantages of becoming a Big Brother/Big Sister mentor. BBBS of Metro Milwaukee is an affiliate of BBBS of America, the premier youth mentoring organization in the United States. To register, call BBBS of Metro Milwaukee, (414) 258-4778, ext. 245.
BBBS volunteers meet with a child three to four times a month, including them in everyday activities. Volunteers are matched with children that share similar interests after a comprehensive screening process to ensure child safety and match compatibility.
Every BBBS mentoring relationship receives ongoing support form a trained, experienced staff member who fosters the relationship, supervises for safety and measures youth development outcome—a feature that distinguishes BBBS from other mentoring programs. BBBS also offers volunteers and children free and reduced cost events, a special discount program with area businesses and donated tickets to entertainment and sporting events.
For information, visit www.bbbsmilwaukee.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: October events
- Shorewood soprano to sing world premiere
- Wet Wipes for MidEast Troops
- St. Thomas More High School Prepares for Recycling Drive
- Rocktoberfest Beer Tasting
- Rudyard Kipling comes to Milwaukee in advance of his 150th birthday!
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Babe's Ice Cream Turns 10 Years Old
- HamBINGO Thursday October 8 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs