Learn How You Can Become A Big Brother, Big Sister Feb. 24
Learn about mentoring opportunities offered through Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) of Metro Milwaukee during “Mentoring 101,” offered at Noon and 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 24 at the agency’s downtown office, 788 N. Jefferson St., Suite 600.
Learn about the basics of mentoring, the enrollment process, time commitment and advantages of becoming a Big Brother/Big Sister mentor. BBBS of Metro Milwaukee is an affiliate of BBBS of America, the premier youth mentoring organization in the United States. To register, call BBBS of Metro Milwaukee, (414) 258-4778, ext. 245.
BBBS volunteers meet with a child three to four times a month, including them in everyday activities. Volunteers are matched with children that share similar interests after a comprehensive screening process to ensure child safety and match compatibility.
Every BBBS mentoring relationship receives ongoing support form a trained, experienced staff member who fosters the relationship, supervises for safety and measures youth development outcome—a feature that distinguishes BBBS from other mentoring programs. BBBS also offers volunteers and children free and reduced cost events, a special discount program with area businesses and donated tickets to entertainment and sporting events.
For information, visit www.bbbsmilwaukee.org.
- Join the Fight Against Cancer! Register for the Relay For Life of the Southern Eight!
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry