The Mitchell Park Domes, 524 S. Layton Boulevard is adding a special addition to its train exhibit in the lobby area of the Domes on the weekend of February 28th and March 1st. A model railroad show with layouts from the smallest model Z scale trains to trains that are large enough to ride on will be displayed.
The train show, “LEGOLAND,” currently running in the Show Dome has been extremely popular to visitors of all ages. The show is masterfully landscaped and designed with state-of-the-art digital technology. Visitors will observe rare, collectible one-of-a-kind trains traveling around the imaginative work of local Lego model builders.
The Domes are open Mon.-Wed. from 9-5pm, Thur. 9-9pm and Fri.-Sun 9-7pm. Adult admission is $5.50, children ages 6-17 are $4.00 and children 5 and under are free. On Thursday evenings through March 26th, the Domes is hosting a series of “Music Under Glass” concerts from 6:30pm – 8:30pm.
The Wisconsin Garden Railway Society, the Glacier Train club and members from Racine and Illinois provide volunteer support along with local hobbyists to answer any and all train questions. For more information go to countyparks.com or contact the Domes at (414) 649-9830.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st
- Cudahy Family Library presents Antique Appraisal Event
- Cell phones and 911.
- Schuster's & Gimbels-Presentation by Paul Geenen
- Watch Catching Fire at the St. Francis Library
- Family Movie Night Has Been Changed