Belly dancing enthusiasts will want to be sure to mark their calendars for a special evening performance on Saturday, April 4, by internationally renowned performer and instructor Faten Salama, a native of Egypt who performed for many years with the Egyptian National Folk Troupe entertaining heads of state, ambassadors, and royalty around the world.
Salama will be in Milwaukee to lead a two-day Middle Eastern Dance Seminar on Saturday, April 4 and Sunday, April 5, and she will be giving a special evening performance on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. along with dancers from around the Midwest including Samantha Fairuz and Denise Sedmak at the Tripoli Shrine Center, 3000 W. Wisconsin Avenue, in Milwaukee. Tickets for the show are $14 if purchased in advance at www.samanthafairuz.com or $16 if purchased at the door.
Faten gained additional fame when she married Shawki Naim, who was the top soloist in Egypt and the Egyptian National Troupe choreographer. Together they formed their own troupe, and eventually moved to America. They now host weekly classes and workshops in Manassas and Washington, D.C.
According to Samantha Fairuz “Bringing a dancer the caliber of Faten Salama to Milwaukee gives the local belly dance community the opportunity to learn from and be entertained by a true master of the dance. It’s sure to be a fun time for all.”
Anyone interested in participating in the two-day Middle Eastern Dance Seminar can find more information on www.samanthafairuz.com or by calling Samantha Fairuz at 414-226-0700. It runs from 10 a.m. – 3p.m. on Saturday, April 4, at the Tripoli Shrine Center, 3000 W. Wisconsin Avenue, in Milwaukee and from 11- 2 p.m. on Sunday, April 5, at the Ramada City Centre, 633 W. Michigan Avenue.
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center