Belly dancing enthusiasts will want to be sure to mark their calendars for a special evening performance on Saturday, April 4, by internationally renowned performer and instructor Faten Salama, a native of Egypt who performed for many years with the Egyptian National Folk Troupe entertaining heads of state, ambassadors, and royalty around the world.
Salama will be in Milwaukee to lead a two-day Middle Eastern Dance Seminar on Saturday, April 4 and Sunday, April 5, and she will be giving a special evening performance on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. along with dancers from around the Midwest including Samantha Fairuz and Denise Sedmak at the Tripoli Shrine Center, 3000 W. Wisconsin Avenue, in Milwaukee. Tickets for the show are $14 if purchased in advance at www.samanthafairuz.com or $16 if purchased at the door.
Faten gained additional fame when she married Shawki Naim, who was the top soloist in Egypt and the Egyptian National Troupe choreographer. Together they formed their own troupe, and eventually moved to America. They now host weekly classes and workshops in Manassas and Washington, D.C.
According to Samantha Fairuz “Bringing a dancer the caliber of Faten Salama to Milwaukee gives the local belly dance community the opportunity to learn from and be entertained by a true master of the dance. It’s sure to be a fun time for all.”
Anyone interested in participating in the two-day Middle Eastern Dance Seminar can find more information on www.samanthafairuz.com or by calling Samantha Fairuz at 414-226-0700. It runs from 10 a.m. – 3p.m. on Saturday, April 4, at the Tripoli Shrine Center, 3000 W. Wisconsin Avenue, in Milwaukee and from 11- 2 p.m. on Sunday, April 5, at the Ramada City Centre, 633 W. Michigan Avenue.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children’s Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation
- First Weber Welcomes Experienced Agent....
- Grant Park Warbler Walks welcomes newbies
- South Milwaukee Market Opens Summer Season May 23
- GRAEF RECOGNIZED BY AMERICAN COUNCIL OF ENGINEERING COMPANIES
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- Inaugural Cudahy High School Alumni Basketball Tournament
- Cudahy High School Youth Boys Basketball Camp
- NMSBank Announces New President & CEO
- River Cruise Seminar