UnitedHealthcareTeams with Cover the Uninsured Week
Joins nearly 70 events in 12 states, aimed to improve access to quality, affordable health care for vulnerable populations and the uninsured
UnitedHealthcare of Wisconsin, Inc., is sponsoring and participating in five health events in support of Cover the Uninsured Week, March 22-28, led by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. The events include a viewer phone bank, an enrollment fair, a training event, and a health information event. The list below specifies the details of the activities.
• The Milwaukee County Enrollment Fair will be held on March 25, 2009 at Milwaukee County Federally Qualified Health Centers and local Health Departments to provide information and enrollment assistance for low-cost or free health care coverage.
• Provider/Advocate Training Event will be held March 26, 2009 at Independence First.
• BadgerCare Plus literature and health information regarding obtaining health insurance coverage will be available at the Milwaukee Rescue Mission/Shelter on March 27, 2009.
“As a partner with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services in BadgerCare Plus and Medicaid SSI programs, we are committed to improving access to quality, affordable health care for the most vulnerable populations in America,” said Jeff Nohl, President and CEO of AmeriChoice Wisconsin.
Since 2003, Cover the Uninsured Week has brought together business owners, union members, educators, students, patients, hospital staff, physicians, nurses, faith leaders and their congregants, and many others to speak out on behalf of the uninsured. To view Cover the Uninsured Week events in each state, log on to: http://covertheuninsured.org/learn_about_your_state.
For more information, please contact Jeff Smith at 952-931-5685 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About UnitedHealthcare’s Medicaid Health Plan
UnitedHealthcare of Wisconsin, Inc. serves 174,000 BadgerCare Plus and Medicaid SSI beneficiaries in Wisconsin. The health plan is a unit of AmeriChoice, the public sector health care segment of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH). UnitedHealth Group is a diversified Fortune 50 health and well-being company. AmeriChoice serves 2.3 million beneficiaries of government-sponsored health care programs in 22 states and the District of Columbia. For more information, visit www.americhoice.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Thomas More High School Prepares for Recycling Drive
- Rocktoberfest Beer Tasting
- Rudyard Kipling comes to Milwaukee in advance of his 150th birthday!
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Babe's Ice Cream Turns 10 Years Old
- HamBINGO Thursday October 8 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Watch for New Technology at the Cash Register
- Milwaukee Public Library, Bay View Branch to Host Wisconsin Water Photo Display
- Herbert Lowe featured speaker at UW-Parkside