The Bay View Garden and Yard Society Celebrates the 5th Annual Bay View Plant Sale Saturday, May 30
The Bay View Garden and Yard Society is kicking off the 2009 growing season with the popular Bay View Plant Sale at South Shore Park (2900 South Shore Drive)
With Bay View’s beautiful lakefront as a backdrop, the event will take place on Saturday, May 30th from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
The Bay View Plant Sale hosts a variety of local, commercial plant vendors. .This annual plant sale is always a colorful and wonderful start to the spring planting season. Shoppers will be able to purchase their choice of hundreds of plants. Available for sale will be some of the best exotic heirloom favorites, perennials, annuals, ornamental trees, shrubs, herbs, hanging baskets and tropical plants. Coffee and bakery will also be available for sale.
Knowledgeable gardening club members will also be on hand to answer questions about gardening. Formed in 1995, the Bay View Garden And Yard Society is a group of gay, lesbian and gay-friendly people living in Bay View who share a love of gardening and their community.
The Bay View Garden and Yard Society is committed to beautifying their yards and the Bay View community. Community projects developed and maintained by BVGAYS include the Village Roots Community Garden, the Memorial Garden on Kinnickinnic, Fire Department Engine House on Kinnickinnic and the Lincoln and K.K. Triangle.
The Bay View Garden and Yard society is pleased to collaborate with the South Shore Farmer’s Market and the Milwaukee County Parks
- Bluegrass Fest Benefit to Pulaski Park-Cudahy
- Pancake Breakfast at the Kelly Center
- Hoops for Awareness
- The South Shore Farmers Market is open for the season
- Shop St. Francis Week - June 27 to July 4th Offers discounts and offers!
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - Know Your Leaf
- Bay View Senior Awarded Rotary Scholarship
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- 3 Free Yoga Classes At The Cudahy Family Library
- Local Shop Holds Classes for adults & kids