Saint Thomas More High School sent off its graduating seniors on Sunday, May 17.
The 84 graduating students and their families spent one last day together before going their separate ways. Many students have decided to stay in the area for college. A few students will travel long distances for schools in Florida, Texas, and California.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is the most popular choice for graduating STM seniors, with 28 students planning on attending UWM. Marquette University is another common choice. Graduating STM students will cover the state of Wisconsin, studying at Madison, UW-Platteville, UW-Parkside, UW-Waukesha, UW-Whitewater, UW-LaCrosse, Milwaukee Area Technical College, Cardinal Stritch University, Alverno College, Mount Mary College, and Carroll University.
Saint Thomas More honored Sarah Wittman as the class’ Valedictorian. She will study at the California Institute of Technology next year. Clare Reszel, who will attend Marquette University, was named Salutatorian.
Aaron Loferski was given the Norb T. Wishowski Memorial Award. This award is given to the outstanding senior athlete who, besides possessing athletic ability, shows leadership, character, Christian development, service, and academic success.
Jacob Heino received the Saint Thomas More Award. The Saint Thomas More Award is presented to a graduate who is selected by classmates, faculty, and staff on the basis of outstanding scholastic work, service to the school, integrity of character, and leadership. In short, those who are chosen exemplify the qualities of our patron, and the school's namesake - scholar, statesman, and saint - Thomas More.
Twenty-seven students made the Honor Roll for all four of their years at STM.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrate Independence Day at Humboldt Park
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Back to School Event for Foster Children Urges Public to Volunteer
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Memoir about Oak Creek