Over 70 local and regional artists will be waiting to show you their best work in South Shore Park on July 12 as the Bay View Arts Guild hosts the Festival of Arts for the sixth time.
The South Shore Frolics Festival of Arts features all kinds of art to decorate the yard, home, office, or to wear or give as gifts. Shoppers and browsers will find funky folk art, DIY creations, digital surrealism, sophisticated abstracts, landscapes, photographs and more surprises and delights.
“We are very excited about the quality and variety of artists in 2009,” said Linda Beckstrom, art fair coordinator. “Many exhibitors are returning from last year, but there will be plenty of fresh new art to discover. Come prepared to shop!”
Display booths are clustered along the walkway leading from Rusk Avenue to the park pavilion. Over half of the artists are from the greater Milwaukee area, with others coming from throughout the state and beyond. While not all artists accept credit cards, there are plans to have an ATM elsewhere on the Frolics grounds, probably in the lakefront/mainstage area to the north.
The Festival of Arts includes music in the morning by Informal Blues, familiar to Farmer’s Market patrons. WAMI-award winner Rachel Trapp will play violin, mandolin and guitar to add to the afternoon’s enjoyment.
The Bay View Arts Guild sponsors the Festival of Arts from 10 am to 5 pm on Sunday, July 12, in cooperation with the Bay View Lions Club as part of the 60th South Shore Frolics. More information can be found at www.south-shore-frolics.com. The Sunday link includes photos from the 2008 Festival of Arts.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Healing In The Garden
- Celebrate Independence Day at Humboldt Park
- Fun, food and fireworks, it's South Shore Frolic time!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Music for every Palate – South Milwaukee Market announces July music line up
- Back to School Event for Foster Children Urges Public to Volunteer
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!