Saint Thomas More High School proudly announces the school has hired Ryan Mangan to become the new athletic director. July 1 was his first day on the job.
Mangan comes to STM with a very impressive résumé. He received a bachelor’s degree in Communication from St. Norbert College in Green Bay. While in Green Bay, Mangan interned with the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers minor league baseball team. The team then hired him full-time to work in event management and corporate sponsorship.
He later attained his Master’s degree in Sports Administration from the University of Oklahoma. While at Oklahoma, Mangan worked in the athletic department in the ticket office, student affairs, and marketing. He later became the coordinator of athletic scholarships.
He and his wife, Michelle, then returned home to Wisconsin in 2002. Mangan worked in Oregon, Wis. as the Sports Administrator, watching over the school district’s seventh through twelfth grade sports. He worked in that position for six years. His proudest accomplishment in this position was developing hockey into a varsity program.
Since then he has worked at Edward Jones. However, he felt a calling to get back into athletics, an area in which he clearly has a great passion.
"I'm excited to be involved in a community like the one I experienced at a private, Catholic college. I'm excited about the tradition and the opportunity to improve the academic and athletic experience for students at STM."
He is originally from Kiel, Wis, where he played on the Kiel High School football, basketball, baseball, and golf teams.
Mangan and his wife have two children Kaitlin, 4, and Haley, 2.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Cudahy Arbor Day/ Earth Day Free Event
- HUGE Kelly Senior Center Rummage - Saturday, April 26
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- HamBingo Wednesday April 23 Benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Spring Market Returns to SM High School on April 26th
- Build For A Better South Shore
- St. Francis Library Spring Party
- Eat at Ruby Tuesday in Greendale April 17-19 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- 20th Assembly District Candidate Mike Pierce Names Campaign Manager