Saint Thomas More High School proudly announces the school has hired Ryan Mangan to become the new athletic director. July 1 was his first day on the job.
Mangan comes to STM with a very impressive résumé. He received a bachelor’s degree in Communication from St. Norbert College in Green Bay. While in Green Bay, Mangan interned with the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers minor league baseball team. The team then hired him full-time to work in event management and corporate sponsorship.
He later attained his Master’s degree in Sports Administration from the University of Oklahoma. While at Oklahoma, Mangan worked in the athletic department in the ticket office, student affairs, and marketing. He later became the coordinator of athletic scholarships.
He and his wife, Michelle, then returned home to Wisconsin in 2002. Mangan worked in Oregon, Wis. as the Sports Administrator, watching over the school district’s seventh through twelfth grade sports. He worked in that position for six years. His proudest accomplishment in this position was developing hockey into a varsity program.
Since then he has worked at Edward Jones. However, he felt a calling to get back into athletics, an area in which he clearly has a great passion.
"I'm excited to be involved in a community like the one I experienced at a private, Catholic college. I'm excited about the tradition and the opportunity to improve the academic and athletic experience for students at STM."
He is originally from Kiel, Wis, where he played on the Kiel High School football, basketball, baseball, and golf teams.
Mangan and his wife have two children Kaitlin, 4, and Haley, 2.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar