Once a year, approximately 300 people look forward to a special event in July when we honor our children who died too soon of any cause and at any age. Each year, The Compassionate Friends of Milwaukee County, a support group for bereaved parents, dedicates additional names on the wall of the Children’s Memorial. The event is followed with an emotional filled balloon launch. Over 400 names of children who died, are inscribed on the wall surrounding the Children’s Memorial Garden.
The Dedication and Balloon Launch is Monday, July 27, 2009 at the Oak Creek Community Center, 8680 S. Howell Avenue, Oak Creek, Wisconsin. The doors will open at 5:30 p.m. and the program will start at 6:00 p.m. with a special music video of the children whose names are on the wall. After the program, everyone will have an opportunity to write a note to his or her loved one and attach it to a balloon. Once everyone encircles the garden, all balloons are released simultaneously.
All families and friends who have experienced the death of a child, grandchild or sibling are welcome to attend this very poignant ceremony.
More information about The Compassionate Friends can be found at http://www.tcfmilwaukee.com/tcf/home.htm
Or call Chapter Leader, Rosemary Albrecht at 414-764-5668
The Compassionate Friends regular meetings are held on the third Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m.
Oak Creek Community Center
8580 South Howell Avenue
Oak Creek, WI 53154
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- OAKVIEW BUSINESS PARK LOOKS TO CAPITALIZE ON ROBUST OAK CREEK DEVELOPMENT MARKET
- Huge Bicycle Auction
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- A Disappearing Continues!
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Holly and Joey Baird of the Wisconsin Vegetable Gardener at the Cudahy Family Library in June