Picture perfect summer weather provided ideal conditions for a fun-filled 60th South Shore Frolic this past weekend in South Shore Park under the auspices of the Bay View Lions Club. From the tasty fish fry on Friday night, with the Doo-Wop Daddies and movie on the beach followed by a fireworks burst to the outstanding parade on Saturday featuring the University of Wisconsin Marching Band, followed by their legendary 5th quarter performance, to the first-ever Karoke competition, games on the hill for the children, the great sounds the band of Rhythm Method through Sunday's finale that included an outstanding art & crafts show, a record-setting classic car show, music by the Bay View band, Forge Fire and Mount Olive, to the Saws for a Cause auction to the "Atomic" fireworks shows both Saturday and Sunday - it was one the best Frolics in recent memory. People and families came from throughout the metro Milwaukee area as over 70,000 people attended 60th anniversary Frolic activies over the weekend. "We couldn't have asked for a better weekend", said Les Johns, General Chairman of the 2009 Frolic. "There were excellent crowds all three days and we've received so many favorable comments about the Frolic this year", noted Johns.
"Our sponsors and volunteers played such a big part of our very successful event from Todd Reardon and the Braeger Automotive Group (parade sponsor), to Jim Wing and W.B. Bottle (fireworks sponsor), to the Law Offices of David Gruber (movie sponsor) to the many, many volunteers that make Frolic go- they all make the Frolic bigger and better every year". "We will all have a lot of positive memories form this year's Frolic", stated Johns. The 2010 South Shore Frolic will be July 9-10-11.
- Join the Fight Against Cancer! Register for the Relay For Life of the Southern Eight!
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry