What better way to bring summer to a close than with a rock concert benefitting the YMCA’s own Strong Kids Campaign? On Friday, August 14th, the Tri-County YMCA will be hosting the Strummin’ for Strong Kids – an extravaganza with all proceeds going to the Strong Kid’s Campaign, an organization that helps families in need afford classes and memberships. The demand for scholarships and program sponsors increases every year. Last year, over 10,000 people made contributions to the Strong Kid’s Foundation, which in turn provided thousands of families opportunities that they otherwise would not have.
Complete with three of the area’s best bands – Today We Fly, Undying Allegiance, and Green Means Go – a full sound and light set-up, the show is sure to be a blast! Doors will open at the Tri-County YMCA in Menomonee Falls at 7:00 PM, and the show will start at 8:00 PM. Food and band merchandise will be available for purchase. Tickets are $7 and can be purchased at the door. Call (262) 502-4826 for more details or (262) 255-9622 to make a donation to the Strong Kid’s Campaign.
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience