What better way to bring summer to a close than with a rock concert benefitting the YMCA’s own Strong Kids Campaign? On Friday, August 14th, the Tri-County YMCA will be hosting the Strummin’ for Strong Kids – an extravaganza with all proceeds going to the Strong Kid’s Campaign, an organization that helps families in need afford classes and memberships. The demand for scholarships and program sponsors increases every year. Last year, over 10,000 people made contributions to the Strong Kid’s Foundation, which in turn provided thousands of families opportunities that they otherwise would not have.
Complete with three of the area’s best bands – Today We Fly, Undying Allegiance, and Green Means Go – a full sound and light set-up, the show is sure to be a blast! Doors will open at the Tri-County YMCA in Menomonee Falls at 7:00 PM, and the show will start at 8:00 PM. Food and band merchandise will be available for purchase. Tickets are $7 and can be purchased at the door. Call (262) 502-4826 for more details or (262) 255-9622 to make a donation to the Strong Kid’s Campaign.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Day of School for St. Francis Public Schools
- Kelly Senior Center invites you to join their monthly Luncheon Outings
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st