What better way to bring summer to a close than with a rock concert benefitting the YMCA’s own Strong Kids Campaign? On Friday, August 14th, the Tri-County YMCA will be hosting the Strummin’ for Strong Kids – an extravaganza with all proceeds going to the Strong Kid’s Campaign, an organization that helps families in need afford classes and memberships. The demand for scholarships and program sponsors increases every year. Last year, over 10,000 people made contributions to the Strong Kid’s Foundation, which in turn provided thousands of families opportunities that they otherwise would not have.
Complete with three of the area’s best bands – Today We Fly, Undying Allegiance, and Green Means Go – a full sound and light set-up, the show is sure to be a blast! Doors will open at the Tri-County YMCA in Menomonee Falls at 7:00 PM, and the show will start at 8:00 PM. Food and band merchandise will be available for purchase. Tickets are $7 and can be purchased at the door. Call (262) 502-4826 for more details or (262) 255-9622 to make a donation to the Strong Kid’s Campaign.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Milwaukee Christmas Market Returns on Dec. 5th
- ‘Tis the Season
- BBB's Holiday Helper: A Guide to Gifting and Giving
- Park Friends Welcome Santa
- 58th Annual Christmas Holly Fair
- 2nd annual Larry Penn Memorial Concert
- “Let There Be Light!” with David HB Drake
- Families raising money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Two Named to Holiday Folk Fair International Hall of Fame