South Milwaukee, WI….Nicholas Fare, 30, and his brother Christopher, 27, have always imagined themselves becoming successful entrepreneurs so that they could assist others with special needs. On Labor Day, they will take their first major step toward that dream.
The brothers, both diagnosed with muscular dystrophy about 20 years ago, are University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee graduates who have combined their interests, talent and passion to create JR Clothing, a new line of luxury knit shirts for men and women.
The Fare brothers will debut JR Clothing at a launch party from 2 to 6 p.m. Monday, Sept. 7 at the South Shore Park Pavilion, 2900 South Shore Dr., Bay View. The party features a DJ, refreshments and the opportunity for those who value fashion forward style to be the first to add JR shirts to their wardrobes.
“Our plan is to donate 20% of proceeds from sales at the event to the Muscular Dystrophy Association,” Christopher said. “That’s why we planned the launch party for Labor Day, so we could immediately make a contribution to this year’s Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon.”
The Fares have been personally involved in every phase of developing JR Clothing, from choosing the 100% pima cotton fabric from a Peruvian supplier to designing the company’s logo. The name of the firm is a combination of the first letters of the brothers’ middle names, Joseph and Ryan.
“As the company grows, we plan to establish a foundation to help people with disabilities purchase durable equipment, like scooters and wheelchairs,” Nicholas said.
For more information about JR Clothing, visit the JR Web site at www.josephryanclothing.com, or call Nicholas Fare at (414) 587-6828 or Christopher Fare at (414) 852-6447.
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center