WISCONSIN WE CARE AND OPERATION PATRIOTISM JOIN FORCES
In January 2006 I received what I thought was “the best” gift ever. My sister had given me a beautiful painting for my birthday and I could barely express my gratitude. Often, when someone astounds you by sacrificing their time, talent, and treasure for your benefit, you simply are left speechless.
In the same way, despite my normal chatty demeanor, I often find myself subdued and silent when trying to express my appreciation towards the 1.3 million troops on active duty, the nearly 700,000 civilian personnel, and an additional 1.1 million National Guard and Reserve forces. The honesty of it is this: these men and women sacrifice all they have for you and for me. That is the best gift of all time.
A chance for you to say thank you is here. Through the combined efforts of my platform, Operation Patriotism, and the local organization, Wisconsin We Care, you can give of your time, talent, and treasure to our brave men and women serving overseas. We will collect any donations during the St. Francis Days celebration taking place on September 3-6, 2009.
The following items are recommended for donation: travel sized personal hygiene products, non-perishable canned food items, batteries, white socks, books, playing cards, gum, candy, magazines, crosswords and search puzzles, etc. The items we collect will be packaged at the Wisconsin We Care facility by a local youth group and will be shipped to our troops.
I am honored to work with Wisconsin We Care to show support and love to our troops. I hope that this event acts as a catalyst for patriotism and gives you an opportunity to show your gratitude through your actions, especially when the right words are hard to come by.
Thank you for supporting this great cause.
For more information go to www.wiwecare.com
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center