The St. Francis Girls Volleyball team began its season with three pre-conference tournaments, Bay View, Racine Prairie and its own Schneider tournament. The highlight of these tournaments was beating rival Cudahy at the Schneider. Lead by Coach Sharon Galonski the team is entering its third rebuilding season, coach Galonski expects to see this year as a turning point for the program.
The team fields five seasoned club players lead by Senior Middle Hitter Katie Ratkowski (5' 11"), sophomore's Cheyenne Zoelle (outside hitter 5' 9"), Hannah Ratkowski (middle hitter 6') and Amanda Scherbarth (outside hitter 5' 11") the overall team posted a .347 hitting percentage during pre-season play compared to .139 for the entire 2008 season. Junior middle hitter Becky Gilbreath (5' 11") is expected to contribute in the front row as well as she returns from an early season ankle injury.
Coach Galonski and the team look forward to the conference season with hopes that the team is ready to add some conference wins to their standings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- HamBingo Wednesday April 23 Benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Spring Market Returns to SM High School on April 26th
- Build For A Better South Shore
- St. Francis Library Spring Party
- Eat at Ruby Tuesday in Greendale April 17-19 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- 20th Assembly District Candidate Mike Pierce Names Campaign Manager
- "Crossings" Street Theater Coming in May
- Car Seat Round-Up Day
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check