The St. Francis Girls Volleyball team began its season with three pre-conference tournaments, Bay View, Racine Prairie and its own Schneider tournament. The highlight of these tournaments was beating rival Cudahy at the Schneider. Lead by Coach Sharon Galonski the team is entering its third rebuilding season, coach Galonski expects to see this year as a turning point for the program.
The team fields five seasoned club players lead by Senior Middle Hitter Katie Ratkowski (5' 11"), sophomore's Cheyenne Zoelle (outside hitter 5' 9"), Hannah Ratkowski (middle hitter 6') and Amanda Scherbarth (outside hitter 5' 11") the overall team posted a .347 hitting percentage during pre-season play compared to .139 for the entire 2008 season. Junior middle hitter Becky Gilbreath (5' 11") is expected to contribute in the front row as well as she returns from an early season ankle injury.
Coach Galonski and the team look forward to the conference season with hopes that the team is ready to add some conference wins to their standings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: February schedule
- LOST Miniature Poodle in Wauwatosa
- Encouraging Kindness in your Children
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Chicago Block Clubs and Social Justice Examined in Talk at UWM, Feb. 26
- Author Discusses Book on Milwaukee's School Choice Movement, at UWM on Feb. 23
- Talk on Religion, Ecology and Identity in Southern Africa at UWM Feb. 19