The St. Francis Girls Volleyball team began its season with three pre-conference tournaments, Bay View, Racine Prairie and its own Schneider tournament. The highlight of these tournaments was beating rival Cudahy at the Schneider. Lead by Coach Sharon Galonski the team is entering its third rebuilding season, coach Galonski expects to see this year as a turning point for the program.
The team fields five seasoned club players lead by Senior Middle Hitter Katie Ratkowski (5' 11"), sophomore's Cheyenne Zoelle (outside hitter 5' 9"), Hannah Ratkowski (middle hitter 6') and Amanda Scherbarth (outside hitter 5' 11") the overall team posted a .347 hitting percentage during pre-season play compared to .139 for the entire 2008 season. Junior middle hitter Becky Gilbreath (5' 11") is expected to contribute in the front row as well as she returns from an early season ankle injury.
Coach Galonski and the team look forward to the conference season with hopes that the team is ready to add some conference wins to their standings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday
- Howard Village Hosts Fall Open House
- SUPPORT CUDAHY FARMERS MARKET
- PURSE AUCTION FEATURES MORE THAN HANDBAGS
- Card Skimming: Can it Happen to You?
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- UW-Parkside Faculty and Staff Honored by UW System
- SMOKIN' ACES & CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- 51st SAINT FRANCIS DAYS
- Free Writing Workshop for Kids