The St. Francis Girls Volleyball team began its season with three pre-conference tournaments, Bay View, Racine Prairie and its own Schneider tournament. The highlight of these tournaments was beating rival Cudahy at the Schneider. Lead by Coach Sharon Galonski the team is entering its third rebuilding season, coach Galonski expects to see this year as a turning point for the program.
The team fields five seasoned club players lead by Senior Middle Hitter Katie Ratkowski (5' 11"), sophomore's Cheyenne Zoelle (outside hitter 5' 9"), Hannah Ratkowski (middle hitter 6') and Amanda Scherbarth (outside hitter 5' 11") the overall team posted a .347 hitting percentage during pre-season play compared to .139 for the entire 2008 season. Junior middle hitter Becky Gilbreath (5' 11") is expected to contribute in the front row as well as she returns from an early season ankle injury.
Coach Galonski and the team look forward to the conference season with hopes that the team is ready to add some conference wins to their standings.
- Bluegrass Fest Benefit to Pulaski Park-Cudahy
- Pancake Breakfast at the Kelly Center
- Hoops for Awareness
- The South Shore Farmers Market is open for the season
- Shop St. Francis Week - June 27 to July 4th Offers discounts and offers!
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - Know Your Leaf
- Bay View Senior Awarded Rotary Scholarship
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- 3 Free Yoga Classes At The Cudahy Family Library
- Local Shop Holds Classes for adults & kids