The East Side's Tomato Romp! will take place on Saturday, September 12th, 10AM and 4PM on E. North Avenue between Prospect and Oakland Avenues. The event will feature the third annual Best Bloody Mary Competition, a special East Side Green Market and the highly anticipated neighborhood Tomato Fight.
The day kicks off at 10 AM with an extended edition of the East Side Green Market at Beans & Barley. One Drum will entertain the crowd with their original world music at 12:30 PM.
The third annual Best Bloody Mary Competition will take place among the district’s favorite bars and restaurants from 11 AM to 2:30 PM. Judging will take place at 3 PM. with the crowning of the Best Bloody Mary Champion and the fan favorite.
The day will cap off with a neighborhood tomato fight at 3 PM, in the parking lot between Von Triers and Beans & Barley. Fight proceeds will benefit the Milwaukee warehouse of America’s Second Harvest of Wisconsin. Those wishing to participate, and are aged 16+, can fill out a waiver in the East Side Green Market between 10 AM and 2:30PM. Wristbands will be given to the first two hundred people with signed waivers. Fighters will be asked to submit a donation of $2 to America’s Second Harvest of Wisconsin.
For more visit www.tomatoromp.com or call 414.226.2113, ask for Julia.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Day of School for St. Francis Public Schools
- Kelly Senior Center invites you to join their monthly Luncheon Outings
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st