Alverno Presents Opens its 50th Season with Folk Icon Judy Collins
Milwaukee - Few singers have the staying power of folk icon Judy Collins. For nearly 50 illustrious years, her dulcet tones have graced our ears and her poetic lyrics have galvanized a generation. She has released more than 40 albums, has had numerous Top 10 hits, Grammy nominations and gold and platinum selling albums. Collins will open Alverno Presents’ 50th Anniversary season at the Alverno College Pitman Theatre on Saturday, October 17, 2009 at 8:00 p.m. The theater is located at 39th Street and Morgan Avenue. Web page: http://alvernopresents.alverno.edu/shows/Judy-Collins.aspx.
Tickets are $38.50 and can be purchased online at alvernopresents.alverno.edu or by calling the Box Office at 414-382-6044. Box Office hours are 12 noon – 6 p.m. Monday thru Friday and until curtain on day of performance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- WARREN WIEGRATZ ADDRESSES MUSIC CLUB
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- New Books & Brew Book Club
- St. Francis Business of the Year
- 3rd Annual St. Francis Lions Beer & Wine Tasting
- THE 3rd ANNUAL REALLY FUNNY HORNY GOAT INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL is back!
- Tool Time at the St. Francis Library
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- South Milwaukee Music at the Market Series Starts Sept 11th
- Open House at the South Milwaukee Mill Pond Warming House