The Bay View Arts Guild (BVAG) is hosting Warhol-oween—a Warhol themed Halloween costume party and art sale—with Live Artists Studio on Friday, October 30th from 7pm ‘til the midnight witching hour. Live Artists’ Walkers Point home, at 228 South First Street, Studio #302, will be transformed into Andy Warhol’s Factory for a fun evening of art, food, music, drinks and mayhem.
The party is open to all the area’s creatives—whether they be artists, designers, and performers, or accountants, architects, and engineers—for socializing, food, drink, and networking. Costumes, especially Warhol-inspired outfits (think 60’s pop art and celebrities) are encouraged but not required. It’s a terrific chance for EVERYONE to be creative and inspired. There will be a $10 cover and cash bar. Attendees must be 21 years of age. BVAG will donate 10% of the door proceeds to One Heartland for their programs for youth affected by HIV/AIDS and other significant life challenges.
To enliven the party atmosphere, 25 artists will exhibit artwork in a variety of styles and media—some of it, of course, Warhol-influenced. There will be live music by “Evan Christian & the Stinky’s” in addition to DJ Erika J Bock who will keep the party souped up. Fabulous food will be provided by the Milwaukee Ale House and St. Paul’s Fish Market, among others.
BVAG’s motto is “The Community is Our Canvas”. Fittingly, the aim of this event is to connect the arts community and reach out to other creative types. BVAG’s partnering with Clive Promhows and Kris Fronteras of Live Artists Studio was “the essential creative spark that got this party in motion,” says Anita Burgermeister, BVAG co-founder. “In addition to their creative connections, their open plan photo studio and gallery space is the ideal spot for this event.”
Andy Warhol was noted to have said, “One’s company, two’s a crowd, and three’s a party.” There’ll be room for MANY more than that at Live Artists Studio on October 30th. Be sure to POP in and claim your 15 minutes of fame.
For more information visit these sites:
www.BayViewArts.org, www.LiveArtistsStudio.com, www.OneHeartland.org
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience
- Thank you from the Humboldt Park 4th of July Association
- August Summer Art Camps at Cattywampus