The Bay View Arts Guild (BVAG) is hosting Warhol-oween—a Warhol themed Halloween costume party and art sale—with Live Artists Studio on Friday, October 30th from 7pm ‘til the midnight witching hour. Live Artists’ Walkers Point home, at 228 South First Street, Studio #302, will be transformed into Andy Warhol’s Factory for a fun evening of art, food, music, drinks and mayhem.
The party is open to all the area’s creatives—whether they be artists, designers, and performers, or accountants, architects, and engineers—for socializing, food, drink, and networking. Costumes, especially Warhol-inspired outfits (think 60’s pop art and celebrities) are encouraged but not required. It’s a terrific chance for EVERYONE to be creative and inspired. There will be a $10 cover and cash bar. Attendees must be 21 years of age. BVAG will donate 10% of the door proceeds to One Heartland for their programs for youth affected by HIV/AIDS and other significant life challenges.
To enliven the party atmosphere, 25 artists will exhibit artwork in a variety of styles and media—some of it, of course, Warhol-influenced. There will be live music by “Evan Christian & the Stinky’s” in addition to DJ Erika J Bock who will keep the party souped up. Fabulous food will be provided by the Milwaukee Ale House and St. Paul’s Fish Market, among others.
BVAG’s motto is “The Community is Our Canvas”. Fittingly, the aim of this event is to connect the arts community and reach out to other creative types. BVAG’s partnering with Clive Promhows and Kris Fronteras of Live Artists Studio was “the essential creative spark that got this party in motion,” says Anita Burgermeister, BVAG co-founder. “In addition to their creative connections, their open plan photo studio and gallery space is the ideal spot for this event.”
Andy Warhol was noted to have said, “One’s company, two’s a crowd, and three’s a party.” There’ll be room for MANY more than that at Live Artists Studio on October 30th. Be sure to POP in and claim your 15 minutes of fame.
For more information visit these sites:
www.BayViewArts.org, www.LiveArtistsStudio.com, www.OneHeartland.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st
- Cudahy Family Library presents Antique Appraisal Event
- Cell phones and 911.