Make-A-Wish Foundation of Wisconsin was honored Tuesday with the highest award given by the Better Business Bureau for ethics and integrity – the Torch Award. The Foundation was one of four winners and 14 finalists, including non-profits and businesses from across the state of Wisconsin. Applicants were measured against four criteria: ethics, excellence, fairness and responsibility; demonstrating excellence in ethical practices, service excellence, reputation, honest advertising, peer recognition, management practices and employee training in ethical behavior.
“The Torch Award is one of the highest honors we could have received,” said Foundation president, Patti Gorsky. “We take the stewardship of our mission and the resources necessary to complete it very seriously. This award affirms all that we do day in and day out to make wishes come true with the utmost of integrity.”
The Torch Awards luncheon was held at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee, where more than 300 members of the Wisconsin business community listened to keynote speaker Willie Davis, President/Owner of All Pro Broadcasting and member of the Pro Football and Packer Hall of Fame. Davis spoke about the importance of being trustworthy in everything one does throughout their lives.
Make-A-Wish Foundation of Wisconsin grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions, enriching their lives with hope, strength and joy. The Foundation is celebrating its 25th birthday throughout 2009 and has granted more than 3,600 wishes since its inception in 1984. In fiscal year 2009, the Foundation granted a record-breaking 289 wishes. The Foundation is completely privately funded, relying on the gifts and support of individuals, groups, corporations, foundations, etc. Currently, over 200 Wisconsin children are in the process of having their wishes granted. For more information about the Foundation, please call 262.781.4445 or 800.236.WISH in Wisconsin or visit wisconsin.wish.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Franklin Artist Wins "Best of Show" at 2015 League of Milwaukee Artists' Spring Show
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- #1 Show Cats in the World live right here in Milwaukee
- Holocaust Remembrance Service
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter