The Wisconsin RockHounds Select Baseball Club, an open league competitive youth baseball organization, is conducting its second round of tryouts for the 2010 9/10U roster. Players must not turn 11 before May 1, 2010. Although a 10U team, experienced 9U players are engouraged to tryout.
Interested, experienced players may contact Team Communicator Michelle M. Friedman at email@example.com or 414.225.1466 to register. Notification of the tryout dates will be sent to those that register.
There are a limited number of spots available on the 2010 team. Selection of boys to the team is objectively based on the skills and future potential of the individual players as well as parental commitment to a league/tournament team. The team conducts several tryouts in the off season before selecting its final roster and parents will be notified whether or not their son is selected for the team shortly after their respective tryout date.
As an open league team, practices will be scheduled in a location that is central to all players and as convenient as possible for players and parents. Indoor practices typically begin in January and run through to the playing season, which starts in April and ends in July. Players are expected to attend winter practices.
The Wisconsin RockHounds Select Baseball Club was formed in 2002 for players who seek to play competitive baseball at its highest level. The teams feature some of the best young players in southeastern Wisconsin. RockHound players have the opportunity to excel in baseball with the help of coaches who emphasizes skill development, team play and good sportsmanship. The teams have competed with considerable success throughout the Midweast as well as Kentucky, South Carolina and New York. In 2004 the U11 team won the Baseball Players Association World Series and in 2009 the U11, U12 and U13 teams swept the Rock River Grand Slam in Watertown, Wisconsin.
Costs associated with particpation range from $550 - $800 depending on the depth of the roster.
Currently the organization has players from Bayview, Brookfield, Cedarburg, Cudahy, Delavan, Eagle, East Troy, Fox Point, Franklin, Germantown, Grafton, Glendale, Greendale, Greenfield, Hartford, Hartland, Janesville, Kohler, Menomonee Falls, Mequon, Milwaukee, Mukwonago, Oak Creek, Racine, Shorewood, Wauwatosa, and Whitefish Bay.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HamBINGO Thursday June 4 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Seeking Adult Day Services Program Volunteers at Lutheran Home
- Cudahy Farmers Market Grand Opening June 3!
- SM Author Jerrianne Hayslett’s Short Story Wins First-Place Prize
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- St. Mark's Project Concern Benefit Musical Extravaganza
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Oak Creek Resident Finishing Term of Service with Milwaukee Nonprofit