Recently, several MacDowell Club of Milwaukee musicians visited fellow member June Habert Dittl, Wauwatosa’s revered piano teacher and long-time resident, now retired and living at Clearview in Delafield.
After performing a short concert, they reminisced about the 100-year-old organization and presented June with a gold pin acknowledging her 50 years of continuous membership in the Club.
Surrounding Ms. Dittl are, pictured clockwise, violinist Thallis Hoyt Drake (Milwaukee); pianists Geraldine Thien Stone and Suzanne Pajunen (both of Wauwatosa); mezzo-soprano Donna Shriner (Shorewood); and soprano Sally Lane Schwarz (Menomonee Falls).
Readers interested in learning more about the group’s remarkable history, its many centennial activities, next public concert, or in becoming a member, are invited to visit www.macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Concert Band Winter Concert
- Memory Cafes coming to Bay View!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Open Studio: Wearable Art
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Franklin Artist Wins "Best of Show" at 2015 League of Milwaukee Artists' Spring Show
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- #1 Show Cats in the World live right here in Milwaukee
- Holocaust Remembrance Service