Recently, several MacDowell Club of Milwaukee musicians visited fellow member June Habert Dittl, Wauwatosa’s revered piano teacher and long-time resident, now retired and living at Clearview in Delafield.
After performing a short concert, they reminisced about the 100-year-old organization and presented June with a gold pin acknowledging her 50 years of continuous membership in the Club.
Surrounding Ms. Dittl are, pictured clockwise, violinist Thallis Hoyt Drake (Milwaukee); pianists Geraldine Thien Stone and Suzanne Pajunen (both of Wauwatosa); mezzo-soprano Donna Shriner (Shorewood); and soprano Sally Lane Schwarz (Menomonee Falls).
Readers interested in learning more about the group’s remarkable history, its many centennial activities, next public concert, or in becoming a member, are invited to visit www.macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
- Join the Fight Against Cancer! Register for the Relay For Life of the Southern Eight!
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry