Recently, several MacDowell Club of Milwaukee musicians visited fellow member June Habert Dittl, Wauwatosa’s revered piano teacher and long-time resident, now retired and living at Clearview in Delafield.
After performing a short concert, they reminisced about the 100-year-old organization and presented June with a gold pin acknowledging her 50 years of continuous membership in the Club.
Surrounding Ms. Dittl are, pictured clockwise, violinist Thallis Hoyt Drake (Milwaukee); pianists Geraldine Thien Stone and Suzanne Pajunen (both of Wauwatosa); mezzo-soprano Donna Shriner (Shorewood); and soprano Sally Lane Schwarz (Menomonee Falls).
Readers interested in learning more about the group’s remarkable history, its many centennial activities, next public concert, or in becoming a member, are invited to visit www.macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Spring Salad Luncheom
- Free Movie and Game Day at St. Francis Library
- State Budget Information Session, Monday, April 20
- South Shore Youth Rugby Club
- Afternoon Tea Delight at Cudahy Family Library
- Last Market & Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center
- Seniors Trip to Brewers-Dodgers Game
- Over 100 Performers! A Night You Won't Want to Miss! May 1 GALA EXTRAVAGANZA
- Beth Stoddard: Landscapes and Still Lifes Art Exhibition of Oil Paintings at the Greenfield Public Libarary, April 2015
- Spring Artwalk