Recently, several MacDowell Club of Milwaukee musicians visited fellow member June Habert Dittl, Wauwatosa’s revered piano teacher and long-time resident, now retired and living at Clearview in Delafield.
After performing a short concert, they reminisced about the 100-year-old organization and presented June with a gold pin acknowledging her 50 years of continuous membership in the Club.
Surrounding Ms. Dittl are, pictured clockwise, violinist Thallis Hoyt Drake (Milwaukee); pianists Geraldine Thien Stone and Suzanne Pajunen (both of Wauwatosa); mezzo-soprano Donna Shriner (Shorewood); and soprano Sally Lane Schwarz (Menomonee Falls).
Readers interested in learning more about the group’s remarkable history, its many centennial activities, next public concert, or in becoming a member, are invited to visit www.macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HamBINGO Thursday October 8 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Watch for New Technology at the Cash Register
- Milwaukee Public Library, Bay View Branch to Host Wisconsin Water Photo Display
- Herbert Lowe featured speaker at UW-Parkside
- Important Donation Made To Dog Organization
- United Performing Arts Fund to Allocate a Record $9.175 Million to Performing Arts Groups
- See the World Up Close Without Leaving Home - Host with YFU USA!
- Brian Hanson Joins Bartelt as Production Administrator
- Rumbarroco Free Performance at UW-Parkside, Oct. 18
- Art & Wellness