Recently, several MacDowell Club of Milwaukee musicians visited fellow member June Habert Dittl, Wauwatosa’s revered piano teacher and long-time resident, now retired and living at Clearview in Delafield.
After performing a short concert, they reminisced about the 100-year-old organization and presented June with a gold pin acknowledging her 50 years of continuous membership in the Club.
Surrounding Ms. Dittl are, pictured clockwise, violinist Thallis Hoyt Drake (Milwaukee); pianists Geraldine Thien Stone and Suzanne Pajunen (both of Wauwatosa); mezzo-soprano Donna Shriner (Shorewood); and soprano Sally Lane Schwarz (Menomonee Falls).
Readers interested in learning more about the group’s remarkable history, its many centennial activities, next public concert, or in becoming a member, are invited to visit www.macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience