Recently, several MacDowell Club of Milwaukee musicians visited fellow member June Habert Dittl, Wauwatosa’s revered piano teacher and long-time resident, now retired and living at Clearview in Delafield.
After performing a short concert, they reminisced about the 100-year-old organization and presented June with a gold pin acknowledging her 50 years of continuous membership in the Club.
Surrounding Ms. Dittl are, pictured clockwise, violinist Thallis Hoyt Drake (Milwaukee); pianists Geraldine Thien Stone and Suzanne Pajunen (both of Wauwatosa); mezzo-soprano Donna Shriner (Shorewood); and soprano Sally Lane Schwarz (Menomonee Falls).
Readers interested in learning more about the group’s remarkable history, its many centennial activities, next public concert, or in becoming a member, are invited to visit www.macdowellclubmilwaukee.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Little House Book Club at St. Francis Library
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Lego Club Launches at St. Francis Library
- Kohl's Wild Theater
- 2014 Breakfast with Santa
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Christmas Rummage & Bake Sales at Depot on Saturday
- BBB's 8 Tips to Avoid Locksmith Scams
- Chanukah in the Chocolate Factory!
- Kick Off Chanukah at East Side Public Menorah Celebration