Congratulations South Shore Communities! Thanks to your efforts, I served 8,079 signatures on the Governor's office on Tues, Nov. 24. These signatures were collected throughout the community, 10 at a time. I am attaching the photo showing the stack of papers as they were handed over. My smile represent your success. A letter was also delivered to the Governor signed by Mayors Richards, McCue and Zepecki, Superviors including Jursik, Dimitrijevic, Larson, most aldermen throughout the south shore, chamber leaders, and other community leaders. This letter demanded that the engineering study needed to re-deck the Hoan be commenced forthwith so that the bridge is ready to be re-decked by the next biennial budget. To view the entire history of the efforts please visit http://www.county.milwaukee.gov/Jursik/SavetheHoanBridge.htm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rustic Furniture Maker at St. Ann Center Indoor Market
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: February schedule
- LOST Miniature Poodle in Wauwatosa
- Encouraging Kindness in your Children
- UW-Parkside Traditions of Excellence Nominations
- Chicago Block Clubs and Social Justice Examined in Talk at UWM, Feb. 26
- Author Discusses Book on Milwaukee's School Choice Movement, at UWM on Feb. 23
- Talk on Religion, Ecology and Identity in Southern Africa at UWM Feb. 19