Congratulations South Shore Communities! Thanks to your efforts, I served 8,079 signatures on the Governor's office on Tues, Nov. 24. These signatures were collected throughout the community, 10 at a time. I am attaching the photo showing the stack of papers as they were handed over. My smile represent your success. A letter was also delivered to the Governor signed by Mayors Richards, McCue and Zepecki, Superviors including Jursik, Dimitrijevic, Larson, most aldermen throughout the south shore, chamber leaders, and other community leaders. This letter demanded that the engineering study needed to re-deck the Hoan be commenced forthwith so that the bridge is ready to be re-decked by the next biennial budget. To view the entire history of the efforts please visit http://www.county.milwaukee.gov/Jursik/SavetheHoanBridge.htm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Christmas Rummage & Bake Sales at Depot on Saturday
- BBB's 8 Tips to Avoid Locksmith Scams
- Chanukah in the Chocolate Factory!
- Kick Off Chanukah at East Side Public Menorah Celebration
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Season of Giving Blood Drive
- HamBINGO Thursday December 11 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- CONUNDRUM WINE TASTING FIRST TIME BY BREEN
- Santa Visiting the Indoor Market this Saturday!
- Movie Matinee at St. Francis Library