Congratulations South Shore Communities! Thanks to your efforts, I served 8,079 signatures on the Governor's office on Tues, Nov. 24. These signatures were collected throughout the community, 10 at a time. I am attaching the photo showing the stack of papers as they were handed over. My smile represent your success. A letter was also delivered to the Governor signed by Mayors Richards, McCue and Zepecki, Superviors including Jursik, Dimitrijevic, Larson, most aldermen throughout the south shore, chamber leaders, and other community leaders. This letter demanded that the engineering study needed to re-deck the Hoan be commenced forthwith so that the bridge is ready to be re-decked by the next biennial budget. To view the entire history of the efforts please visit http://www.county.milwaukee.gov/Jursik/SavetheHoanBridge.htm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How to Choose a Trustworthy Plumber
- Wisonsin Panthers Basketball
- Cudahy Historical Society Open House This Saturday
- Howard Village Hosts Fall Open House
- SUPPORT CUDAHY FARMERS MARKET
- PURSE AUCTION FEATURES MORE THAN HANDBAGS
- Card Skimming: Can it Happen to You?
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- UW-Parkside Faculty and Staff Honored by UW System
- SMOKIN' ACES & CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE