Congratulations South Shore Communities! Thanks to your efforts, I served 8,079 signatures on the Governor's office on Tues, Nov. 24. These signatures were collected throughout the community, 10 at a time. I am attaching the photo showing the stack of papers as they were handed over. My smile represent your success. A letter was also delivered to the Governor signed by Mayors Richards, McCue and Zepecki, Superviors including Jursik, Dimitrijevic, Larson, most aldermen throughout the south shore, chamber leaders, and other community leaders. This letter demanded that the engineering study needed to re-deck the Hoan be commenced forthwith so that the bridge is ready to be re-decked by the next biennial budget. To view the entire history of the efforts please visit http://www.county.milwaukee.gov/Jursik/SavetheHoanBridge.htm.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Concert Band Winter Concert
- Memory Cafes coming to Bay View!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Open Studio: Wearable Art
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Franklin Artist Wins "Best of Show" at 2015 League of Milwaukee Artists' Spring Show
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- #1 Show Cats in the World live right here in Milwaukee
- Holocaust Remembrance Service