It's "movie time" at St. Ann Center. If you were here you would come upon a group of people watching a movie on a large-screen TV– Finding Nemo. The colorful schools of fish on the screen complement the people of all ages and abilities in the room – not only children, but elderly people and people with disabilities. All of these different groups of people gather in front of the TV like an extended family. One might think: “St. Ann Center is a place like no other.”
Sights like this, as common as they are at St. Ann's, never cease to amaze visitors. Everyday brings something unique that can easily be taken for granted. One wonders, "Why do we live in ways that separate us from one another? Why doesn't everyone want to be like this?" It may not be typical for every family to include children, elderly and people with disabilities, yet that's what is special about St. Ann Center. It's "a place for all ages." That's what intergenerational means. It blends programs under one roof for children and adults.
St. Ann Center is located at 2801 E. Morgan Avenue. For more information call (414) 977-5000 or go online at: www.stanncenter.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- UW-Parkside Faculty and Staff Honored by UW System
- SMOKIN' ACES & CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- 51st SAINT FRANCIS DAYS
- Free Writing Workshop for Kids
- St. Robert School Centennial 5K | 2K Run/Walk- Sat., Aug. 29th
- HamBINGO Thursday August 20 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Milwaukee-area mamas celebrate breastfeeding, pumping with "Oh, the Places You'll Pump!"
- Knot Your Average Sailers
- CIGARMKE ANNOUNCES THEIR CIGARS UNDER THE STARS 5