It's "movie time" at St. Ann Center. If you were here you would come upon a group of people watching a movie on a large-screen TV– Finding Nemo. The colorful schools of fish on the screen complement the people of all ages and abilities in the room – not only children, but elderly people and people with disabilities. All of these different groups of people gather in front of the TV like an extended family. One might think: “St. Ann Center is a place like no other.”
Sights like this, as common as they are at St. Ann's, never cease to amaze visitors. Everyday brings something unique that can easily be taken for granted. One wonders, "Why do we live in ways that separate us from one another? Why doesn't everyone want to be like this?" It may not be typical for every family to include children, elderly and people with disabilities, yet that's what is special about St. Ann Center. It's "a place for all ages." That's what intergenerational means. It blends programs under one roof for children and adults.
St. Ann Center is located at 2801 E. Morgan Avenue. For more information call (414) 977-5000 or go online at: www.stanncenter.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 10-year Anniversary Celebration Saturday September 27
- Support Group for Divorced and Separated
- Ss Peter and Paul Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- WARREN WIEGRATZ ADDRESSES MUSIC CLUB
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- New Books & Brew Book Club
- St. Francis Business of the Year
- 3rd Annual St. Francis Lions Beer & Wine Tasting
- Tool Time at the St. Francis Library
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th