PRACTICAL SPOKEN SPANISH II
8 Thursdays, January 28 – March 18
This course is for anyone who has completed a minimum of Practical Spoken Spanish I through Telesis or who has equivalent conversational Spanish experience..
Instructor: Enrique Flamboe, Equalingua
6:00–8:00 p.m./$129/CEUs: 1.6/Limit: 20
Note: Students need to purchase the text Spanish is Fun. Please bring a notebook and a recordable CD.
4 Tuesdays, February 2 – 23
This fun and easy to learn dance style is done throughout the islands of the Caribbean. Driving rhythms of the drums lead you as you learn the steps to the simple counts of 1, 2, 1, 2. If you can march, you can meringue. No partner needed – you can learn these steps with or without a partner.
Instructor: Rosalita Villa, Divine Movement
6:00 – 7:00 pm / $49 / Limit: 16
SELF DEFENSE FOR WOMEN
2 Thursdays, March 4 – 11
Everyone deserves to feel safe. Come and learn about environmental concerns, how to recognize possible attackers and how to prevent attacks by keeping safe practices. You will be shown examples of basic items that can be used against an attacker and learn easy to perform techniques designed for the average woman. Each student will get to try multiple reps at each technique. Please wear comfortable clothes to this class.
Instructor: Eric Lindstrom, Police Officer, SWAT Operator, State of WI Certified Instructor in Defensive and Arrest Tactics (DAAT)
6:00 – 8:00 pm / Limit 15 / $42
For further information on these classes and a multitude of others, please visit http://telesis.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6200.
- Bluegrass Fest Benefit to Pulaski Park-Cudahy
- Pancake Breakfast at the Kelly Center
- Hoops for Awareness
- The South Shore Farmers Market is open for the season
- Shop St. Francis Week - June 27 to July 4th Offers discounts and offers!
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - Know Your Leaf
- Bay View Senior Awarded Rotary Scholarship
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- 3 Free Yoga Classes At The Cudahy Family Library
- Local Shop Holds Classes for adults & kids