PRACTICAL SPOKEN SPANISH II
8 Thursdays, January 28 – March 18
This course is for anyone who has completed a minimum of Practical Spoken Spanish I through Telesis or who has equivalent conversational Spanish experience..
Instructor: Enrique Flamboe, Equalingua
6:00–8:00 p.m./$129/CEUs: 1.6/Limit: 20
Note: Students need to purchase the text Spanish is Fun. Please bring a notebook and a recordable CD.
4 Tuesdays, February 2 – 23
This fun and easy to learn dance style is done throughout the islands of the Caribbean. Driving rhythms of the drums lead you as you learn the steps to the simple counts of 1, 2, 1, 2. If you can march, you can meringue. No partner needed – you can learn these steps with or without a partner.
Instructor: Rosalita Villa, Divine Movement
6:00 – 7:00 pm / $49 / Limit: 16
SELF DEFENSE FOR WOMEN
2 Thursdays, March 4 – 11
Everyone deserves to feel safe. Come and learn about environmental concerns, how to recognize possible attackers and how to prevent attacks by keeping safe practices. You will be shown examples of basic items that can be used against an attacker and learn easy to perform techniques designed for the average woman. Each student will get to try multiple reps at each technique. Please wear comfortable clothes to this class.
Instructor: Eric Lindstrom, Police Officer, SWAT Operator, State of WI Certified Instructor in Defensive and Arrest Tactics (DAAT)
6:00 – 8:00 pm / Limit 15 / $42
For further information on these classes and a multitude of others, please visit http://telesis.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6200.
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry
- Spring Estate and Rummage Sale at St. Ann Center