PRACTICAL SPOKEN SPANISH II
8 Thursdays, January 28 – March 18
This course is for anyone who has completed a minimum of Practical Spoken Spanish I through Telesis or who has equivalent conversational Spanish experience..
Instructor: Enrique Flamboe, Equalingua
6:00–8:00 p.m./$129/CEUs: 1.6/Limit: 20
Note: Students need to purchase the text Spanish is Fun. Please bring a notebook and a recordable CD.
4 Tuesdays, February 2 – 23
This fun and easy to learn dance style is done throughout the islands of the Caribbean. Driving rhythms of the drums lead you as you learn the steps to the simple counts of 1, 2, 1, 2. If you can march, you can meringue. No partner needed – you can learn these steps with or without a partner.
Instructor: Rosalita Villa, Divine Movement
6:00 – 7:00 pm / $49 / Limit: 16
SELF DEFENSE FOR WOMEN
2 Thursdays, March 4 – 11
Everyone deserves to feel safe. Come and learn about environmental concerns, how to recognize possible attackers and how to prevent attacks by keeping safe practices. You will be shown examples of basic items that can be used against an attacker and learn easy to perform techniques designed for the average woman. Each student will get to try multiple reps at each technique. Please wear comfortable clothes to this class.
Instructor: Eric Lindstrom, Police Officer, SWAT Operator, State of WI Certified Instructor in Defensive and Arrest Tactics (DAAT)
6:00 – 8:00 pm / Limit 15 / $42
For further information on these classes and a multitude of others, please visit http://telesis.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6200.
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar
- #YourStoryMKE Shares Personal Stories About Those Benefiting from Catholic Charities’ Programs
- Book Release Party at Cudahy Family Library
- Bay View Historical Society Annual Walk on August 6th
- St. Ann Center Gala Promises An Uplifting Experience