PRACTICAL SPOKEN SPANISH II
8 Thursdays, January 28 – March 18
This course is for anyone who has completed a minimum of Practical Spoken Spanish I through Telesis or who has equivalent conversational Spanish experience..
Instructor: Enrique Flamboe, Equalingua
6:00–8:00 p.m./$129/CEUs: 1.6/Limit: 20
Note: Students need to purchase the text Spanish is Fun. Please bring a notebook and a recordable CD.
4 Tuesdays, February 2 – 23
This fun and easy to learn dance style is done throughout the islands of the Caribbean. Driving rhythms of the drums lead you as you learn the steps to the simple counts of 1, 2, 1, 2. If you can march, you can meringue. No partner needed – you can learn these steps with or without a partner.
Instructor: Rosalita Villa, Divine Movement
6:00 – 7:00 pm / $49 / Limit: 16
SELF DEFENSE FOR WOMEN
2 Thursdays, March 4 – 11
Everyone deserves to feel safe. Come and learn about environmental concerns, how to recognize possible attackers and how to prevent attacks by keeping safe practices. You will be shown examples of basic items that can be used against an attacker and learn easy to perform techniques designed for the average woman. Each student will get to try multiple reps at each technique. Please wear comfortable clothes to this class.
Instructor: Eric Lindstrom, Police Officer, SWAT Operator, State of WI Certified Instructor in Defensive and Arrest Tactics (DAAT)
6:00 – 8:00 pm / Limit 15 / $42
For further information on these classes and a multitude of others, please visit http://telesis.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6200.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Thomas More High School Prepares for Recycling Drive
- Rocktoberfest Beer Tasting
- Rudyard Kipling comes to Milwaukee in advance of his 150th birthday!
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Babe's Ice Cream Turns 10 Years Old
- HamBINGO Thursday October 8 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Watch for New Technology at the Cash Register
- Milwaukee Public Library, Bay View Branch to Host Wisconsin Water Photo Display
- Herbert Lowe featured speaker at UW-Parkside