Discounted ticket prices and a variety of raffle prizes are just some of the incentives attracting visitors to the 48th annual Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show at the Wisconsin Exposition Center at State Fair Park in West Allis Thurs., Feb. 11, through Sun., Feb. 14.
People over 60 will be admitted for $4.00, a $1 discount off the regular senior ticket price of $5.00, on Thursday, Feb. 11, for Senior Day sponsored by Callen Construction, Inc. A $2 off admission coupon good on up to four regularly priced adult tickets during each day of the Show is available at www.milwaukeenari.org and in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. In addition, consumers can register to win a free pair of Show tickets at www.milwaukeenari.org.
Advance regular adult admission tickets are available for $6.00 now through Wed., Feb. 10, at the Milwaukee/NARI office and other member locations. A complete list of advance ticket locations is available on the association’s Web site at www.milwaukeenari.org.
For the 12th consecutive year, the Milwaukee/NARI Foundation, Inc., will conduct a raffle in conjunction with the Home Improvement Show. With a mission to increase public awareness of the home improvement industry, raffle proceeds are used to fund scholarships, purchase tools and equipment, and support educational programs to help encourage and train young people and displaced workers interested in the professional remodeling industry. The raffle prizes available are as follows:
• Playhouse constructed by Bradley Tech High School
• Playhouse constructed by Franklin High School
• Playhouse constructed by WCTC
• Playhouse constructed by MATC – Downtown Campus
• $1,000.00 gift certificate for a Carrier product and installation by 1st Choice Heating & Cooling
• $500 Bliffert Lumber and Hardware gift certificate
• Wood Entry Door and installation from Milwaukee Millwork and KS Remodelers
• Six Months of “All The Best” package (cable TV, phone, and Internet) from Time Warner Cable
• Two Cimmaron Class Six Toilets and Seats from Kohler Co.
• $500 Closet gift certificate from America In-Home Closets
Raffle tickets will be sold in the Milwaukee/NARI Information Center near the north entrance of the Wisconsin Exposition Center at one for $5.00, three for $10.00, and eight for $20.00. The winning tickets will be drawn at 4:30 p.m. on Sun., Feb. 14, on the American TV Kennedy Hahn Appliance Cooking Demonstration Stage. One need not be present to win.
Cosponsored by the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc., and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the 2010 Show will provide Milwaukee/NARI, the area’s leading home improvement and remodeling industry resource for more than 48 years, with the opportunity to have its members provide consumers with ideas on how to “Put a Little Love in Your Home,” the theme for the Show.
More than 300 exhibitors will fill over 700 booth spaces covering the entire exposition center and feature providers of thousands of home improvement products and services, including kitchens, decks, cabinets, windows, bathrooms, siding, lighting, landscaping, media rooms, wall covering, rec rooms, roofing, fireplaces, and more.
During the Show, educational demonstrations and seminars by home improvement experts and media celebrities will be held, including presentations by Paul James of “Gardening by the Yard” and Steve Whittle, presented by Bliffert Lumber and Hardware, of “Save My Bath,” both on HGTV and Sue Whitney, “The Junkmaster.” The American TV Kennedy Hahn Appliance Cooking Demonstration Stage will feature area chefs and national cooking celebrities, including Colleen Cleek, The Classy Gourmet and Season 5 “Hell’s Kitchen” contestant on FOX and Tre Wilcox, Season 3 “Top Chef” contestant on Bravo.
In addition, the Show’s Outdoor Living Area will feature a “neighborhood” comprised of a variety of landscaping and hardscaping, plus playhouses built by area technical school students that will be raffled off at the conclusion of the Show. There will also be special attractions, including an Interior Design Room Display contest between area college students, the Solar Decathlon Meltwater Project house built by the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee School of Architecture, manufacturer displays, the Time Warner Cable “Relaxation Station,” and an automotive display by Uptown Ford Lincoln Mercury.
Hours on Thurs., Feb. 11, and Fri., Feb. 12, are 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Sat., Feb. 13, 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.; and Sun., Feb. 14, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Admission $8 at the door on Thurs. and Fri., and $10 Sat. and Sun. Children 12 and younger are free and there is free childcare for ages 3 – 12 presented by Pekel Construction & Remodeling, Inc.
For more information, visit www.milwaukeenari.org or call 414-771-4071.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Breakfast with Santa - DECEMBER 7 - 9-12pm
- Breakfast with Santa - DECEMBER 7 - 9-12pm
- Giving Tuesday: BBB Advises Checking Charities Out Before Making Year-End Gifts
- Giving Tuesday – Share How You Help Others Or How You’ve Been Helped
- Mil Town Treblemakers A Capella Performs 2 FREE Concerts Dec. 14
- HamBINGO Thursday December 5 Benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Nutcracker & Coppelia Ballet Performances at the Milwaukee Art Museum
- Give the Gift of Dance! Academy of Classical Ballet Offers Discounted Classes for the Holidays.
- St. Roman teacher named 2013 Teacher of the Year