The Jewelry Sales of St. Ann Center
St. Ann Center has become quite well known for its gently used and vintage jewelry sales. How did this happen? In the very beginning when Sr. Edna Lonergan, founder and president of St. Ann Center, conceived of the idea of adult day care the looming question arose, “How are you going to afford to do this?” Sr. Edna decided she would raise the money, even if it was by nickels and dimes. And so, it began with some donated rummage items and weekend rummage sales.
Soon she started asking the community to donate new, gently used and vintage jewelry for resale. And did the community respond! Each week the sisters would get donations of jewelry, then sort , number and attach the items to special cards. Before they knew it, they had thousands of donated jewelry items. The sales grew and St. Ann Center began outside jewelry sales, taking their goods to off-site venues. It has become very successful.
St. Ann Center holds two yearly on-site jewelry sales, its next used and vintage jewelry sale will be on Saturday, March 6 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. This will be a very special “SOUP’er BLOWOUT Jewelry Sale.” There will be literally thousands of items from rings to watches, from earrings to necklaces. There will also be homemade soup to eat in or carry out. This is the winter sale you don’t want to miss!
- Join the Fight Against Cancer! Register for the Relay For Life of the Southern Eight!
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 7 at Second Hand Purrs
- South Milwaukee Little League Opening Day
- MARDI GRAS IN MAY!
- Sister Edna’s Jewelry Gets Shiny New Look
- Midwest Premiere Event "A Disappearing"
- Play Minecraft in a Movie Theatre
- One week left to consider virtual education for your child
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Becky’s Blissful Bakery Enters Partnerships to Create Cutting-Edge Caramel Pairings; First of its Kind in the Caramel Industry