The Jewelry Sales of St. Ann Center
St. Ann Center has become quite well known for its gently used and vintage jewelry sales. How did this happen? In the very beginning when Sr. Edna Lonergan, founder and president of St. Ann Center, conceived of the idea of adult day care the looming question arose, “How are you going to afford to do this?” Sr. Edna decided she would raise the money, even if it was by nickels and dimes. And so, it began with some donated rummage items and weekend rummage sales.
Soon she started asking the community to donate new, gently used and vintage jewelry for resale. And did the community respond! Each week the sisters would get donations of jewelry, then sort , number and attach the items to special cards. Before they knew it, they had thousands of donated jewelry items. The sales grew and St. Ann Center began outside jewelry sales, taking their goods to off-site venues. It has become very successful.
St. Ann Center holds two yearly on-site jewelry sales, its next used and vintage jewelry sale will be on Saturday, March 6 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. This will be a very special “SOUP’er BLOWOUT Jewelry Sale.” There will be literally thousands of items from rings to watches, from earrings to necklaces. There will also be homemade soup to eat in or carry out. This is the winter sale you don’t want to miss!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB Top 10 Scams of 2014
- Save the Date for Cedarburg Art Fair on March 7th, 10-4
- Friends of Pulaski Park-Cudahy Planning Park Upgrade
- Work At Home Scam Targets College Students
- An Open Letter to Governor Walker Regarding "Easy" Teacher Licensure
- From Hollywood to Holy Wood!
- BBB Advice on Making 2015 a Debt-Free Year
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Spring Fling Family Dance Workshop