**BVHS Annual Dinner April 24th – spaces are limited**
Please Join Us As We Celebrate the Bay View Historical Society's Annual Dinner on Saturday, April 24th at the South Shore Yacht Club!
Cocktails, Raffle and Silent Auction begin at 5:30 p.m. Dinner happens at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets are $40 per person; please RSVP by April 16, 2010. Simply let us know your name and phone number, and whether you’d like Sicilian chicken or crusted tilapia for dinner and send it along with your check to
BVHS Dinner Chair
3443 S. Adams Street
Milwaukee, WI 53207
Contact Bill Waltenberger at (414) 975-8290 for further information.
**Bay View Tragedy commemoration May 2nd**
The Wisconsin Labor History Society will observe the 124th anniversary of the Bay View Tragedy on Sunday, May 2, at 3:00 p.m. The commemoration ceremony will be held at the State Historical Marker at E. Russell Avenue and S. Superior Street. Featured speaker is David Newby, president of the Wisconsin State AFL-CIO, and folksinger Larry Penn will lead the music. Please join us!
**The BVHS annual yard sale could use your donated items**
by Ann Hahn
Spring is just around the corner and it’s time to do some spring cleaning. Why not donate your items to the Bay View Historical Society's Yard Sale? This year’s yard sale will be held from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm on Saturday, May 22 at the Beulah Brinton House and we could use your help in securing items for the sale!
Help us by pricing your items – a price taped to each item greatly helps us determine the value of your donations – we’ll even accept perishable items such as plants, home baked goods, etc. Drop off your donation at the Brinton House the week of May 17th or from 7:00-9:00 am on the morning of the sale. If you need items picked up in the Bay View area, please contact us; we’re happy to arrange a time for someone to come and pick up your donated items. But please, no clothing or holiday items!
Call Annie Hahn at (414) 769-7173 or Donna Pogliano at (414) 744-3108 for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st
- Cudahy Family Library presents Antique Appraisal Event
- Cell phones and 911.