Attending free sessions of fitness boot camp, the exercise phenomenon that’s been popping up around the country, is a smart way to sample before signing up for a full program. To give the curious a chance to “weigh in” before taking the leap, Milwaukee Adventure Boot Camp (MABC) will host free one-hour sessions once a month at South Shore Park in Bay View, announced MABC coach Amy Friese.
The next free camp will be held Saturday, May 15 from 7-8 a.m. Free camps are coed, and everyone should bring a mat, weights and water. Participants must pre- register either online at www.milwaukeebootcamp.com, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call ( 414) 881-5348.
“It’s no surprise that boot camp has become such a popular choice,” said Friese. “We cover all the elements of a complete workout – cardiovascular and strength training, toning exercises and stretching – all in one hour. Plus we make sure our camps provide a fun group experience, personal attention and activities that allow campers to work out at their own fitness levels. Free camps let participants sample the full program.”
The American Council on Exercise (ACE), America’s leading authority on fitness, announced boot camp as one of the top 10 fitness trends for 2010, citing its efficiency in burning calories and improving muscular fitness.
About Milwaukee Adventure Boot Camp
Milwaukee Adventure Boot Camp, a complete fitness program that runs year-round both indoors and outside, has class locations in Milwaukee, Bay View and Elm Grove/Brookfield. Since its first camp in February 2008, MABC has worked with over a thousand campers, most of them repeat participants due do the program’s high level of success and fun. The exercise regimen includes weight training, cardio games and drills, core training with elements of yoga and Pilates, and other cardio conditioning and full-body muscle-strengthening aspects; a nutritional component also plays a very strong role in the program, along with strong coaching support. MABC, a division of A-List Fitness, is the only Better Business Bureau-accredited fitness boot camp in Milwaukee and the state.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Franklin Artist Wins "Best of Show" at 2015 League of Milwaukee Artists' Spring Show
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- #1 Show Cats in the World live right here in Milwaukee
- Holocaust Remembrance Service
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter