Come celebrate America’s largest annual Polish festival June 18-20, 2010 at the Summerfest Grounds—Henry W. Maier Festival Park in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
This year, Polish Fest is continuing “50 cent Friday.” From noon until 5:00 p.m., festival admission is only 50 cents, and after 5 p.m. admission is $5.00. Guests will enjoy a weekend of great non-stop cultural entertainment and a variety of Polish foods.
There will be an array of different musical performances by bands such as multi-Grammy Award Winner Jimmy Sturr, jazz singer Grazyna Auguscik, contemporary Polish band Megitza Quartet and more. Radio Disney will also be at the festival on Sunday for children’s entertainment.
Attend the Sobieski Vodka – Spirits Tasting at the festival. For only $12, you can learn about the differences in the vodkas and meads and receive a tasting of each. What a great way to learn and experience the quality beverages of Poland!
Throughout the weekend you will find a nice balance of Polish and Polish American entertainment for the entire family. Visit our Cultural Village, which will pay tribute to two musical giants – Fryderyk Chopin and Ignacy Paderewski. This year marks Chopin’s 200th birthday and the 150th anniversary of Paderewski’s birth. Polish Fest celebrates the occasion with a multimedia presentation on Chopin and a special exhibit on Paderewski, courtesy of the Polish Music center at the University of Southern California.
Don’t miss out on the Children’s play area which will have crafts, games and more! Learn Polish with the Rojek Band on the Children’s stage on Friday at 5:00 p.m. and Saturday at 3:00 p.m. And make sure to see our Sukiennice Marketplace to buy authentic Polish crafts and items.
This year, Polish Fest is honored to be joined by the Most Rev. Jerome E. Listecki, Archbishop of Milwaukee, for the Annual Polish Fest Mass. Reduced admission is available to those attending Sunday morning mass at 10:15 a.m. at the Cultural Stage. Gates open at 9:30 a.m. and will close promptly at 11 a.m. Those attending mass will be admitted into Polish Fest for only $4 following the mass.
Ticket prices are $10 in advance and for seniors and $12 at the gate. Children 15 and under are free with an adult admission. To purchase advance tickets or to request a brochure, please call the Polish Fest office at 414-529-2140, or visit us online at www.polishfest.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB Tips for Summer Fair Purchases
- First Day of School for St. Francis Public Schools
- Kelly Senior Center invites you to join their monthly Luncheon Outings
- Fun and Affordable Day Trips through Kelly Senior Center
- Animated Illusionist Ardan James to Perform
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Bay View High School Holding 100th Anniversary
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Local Theater Company Places Women in Spotlight in Upcoming World Premiere