The Grant Park Centennial Celebration will be held on Sunday, July 18. It will be a day filled with many fun activities for all ages in the park. Activities run throughout the day from 7am to 7pm.
In the morning, it kicks off with a 5k woodland run/walk looping around the park and a pancake breakfast and a color guard ceremony at the golf clubhouse.
In the afternoon, more fun activities open up including open houses at Wil-O-Way, the Warming House of Mill Pond, and Wulff Lodge. At the beach, there will be a sand castle building competition and jet ski rentals. Also, there will be a bicycle clinic, a campfire with s’mores sponsored by the Boy Scouts, geo-caching, pony rides, and a petting zoo throughout the afternoon.
In addition, Milwaukee Archbishop Listecki will be performing a blessing of Grant Park at the Seven Bridges main entrance ay 3:30. Finally, the day closes with a concert featuring Elvis and All the Kings of Men. With these events and more, this will be a fantastic way to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Grant Park. For more details, times and locations of events, please visit www.southmilwaukee.org.
- BBB Tips to Ensure Wise Giving on Memorial Day
- HamBINGO Thursday June 2 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- World Wide Knit in Public Day Celebration at Cudahy Family Library
- Art Show at Cudahy Depot
- OAKVIEW BUSINESS PARK LOOKS TO CAPITALIZE ON ROBUST OAK CREEK DEVELOPMENT MARKET
- Huge Bicycle Auction
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- A Disappearing Continues!
- Eat at Transfer Pizzeria May 9-23 to benefit Second Hand Purrs