The Grant Park Centennial Celebration will be held on Sunday, July 18. It will be a day filled with many fun activities for all ages in the park. Activities run throughout the day from 7am to 7pm.
In the morning, it kicks off with a 5k woodland run/walk looping around the park and a pancake breakfast and a color guard ceremony at the golf clubhouse.
In the afternoon, more fun activities open up including open houses at Wil-O-Way, the Warming House of Mill Pond, and Wulff Lodge. At the beach, there will be a sand castle building competition and jet ski rentals. Also, there will be a bicycle clinic, a campfire with s’mores sponsored by the Boy Scouts, geo-caching, pony rides, and a petting zoo throughout the afternoon.
In addition, Milwaukee Archbishop Listecki will be performing a blessing of Grant Park at the Seven Bridges main entrance ay 3:30. Finally, the day closes with a concert featuring Elvis and All the Kings of Men. With these events and more, this will be a fantastic way to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Grant Park. For more details, times and locations of events, please visit www.southmilwaukee.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 10-year Anniversary Celebration Saturday September 27
- Support Group for Divorced and Separated
- Ss Peter and Paul Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- WARREN WIEGRATZ ADDRESSES MUSIC CLUB
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- New Books & Brew Book Club
- St. Francis Business of the Year
- Author of "The Map Thief" at UWM Sept. 28
- 3rd Annual St. Francis Lions Beer & Wine Tasting
- UWM's Academic Adventurers: "GIS Comes to Kazakhstan"