Braeger Automotive Helps Frolic Parade Again!
For a 3rd consecutive year, the Braeger Automtive Group has insured that there will be a parade for the annual South Shore Frolics.
"Simply put, we are truly very fortunate to have the Braeger Automtive Group once again be such a big part of the South Shore Frolic because no Braeger Automotive Group support, no Frolic parade", stated Les Johns, General Chairman of the 61st South Shore Frolics, under the auspices of the Bay View Lions Club for the past fifteen years.
Thanks to a continued generous contribution from Braeger Automotive Group President, Todd Reardon, the Frolic parade this year will feature 75 units and proceed along its 2-1/2 mile parade route - making it the longest parade in Milwaukee County on Saturday, July 10 stepping-off at 11 a.m.
The parade which begins at E. Lincoln Ave. and S. Kinnickinnic Ave. in Bay View and proceeds south on "KK" to Ellen St. where it turns northeast to E. Nock St. and finally east on Nock St. to South Shore Park.
For second year, it will feature 40-50 members of the University of Wisconsin Marching Band not only in the parade but, immediately following the parade will perform their legendary "5th Quarter" performance in front of the Frolic main stage in South Shore Park.
"I urge all parade spectators to get to South Shore Park right after the parade to see this spectacular 'one-of-kind-performance' by the Wisconsin band", said Johns. "It's a great way to get our post-parade day started with this show by the best college band in the state and probably in the nation". "Everyone loves the Wisconsin band - they are one of the greatest ambassdors for Wisconsin no matter where they perform. We owe their presence to Braeger Automotive.....I hope all our parade spectators will say it with me along the parade route, "thank you Braeger, thank you Todd Reardon."
The Bay View Lions Club is both thanking and honoring Todd Reardon by naming him the Honorary Grand Marshall of the 2010 Frolic Prade.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bunny Plans Special Stop at Pulaski Pavilion
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Parkside Theatre Presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
- Franklin Artist Wins "Best of Show" at 2015 League of Milwaukee Artists' Spring Show
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- #1 Show Cats in the World live right here in Milwaukee
- Holocaust Remembrance Service
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter