September 8th, 2010- Since its official opening in May 2010 The Fitness Asylum, located in the Bay View neighborhood of Milwaukee, WI has been busy with class-loads of Milwaukee residents looking to “get crazy fit”. The owners of The Fitness Asylum created this space as a “bootcamp heaven” and “anti-gym” to accommodate their internationally acclaimed bootcamp program, Mission: Metabolism Bootcamp. With their bootcamps so popular that they have month-long waiting lists for some spots, Naomi Nazario and BJ Gaddour, the husband and wife team who created The Fitness Asylum, realized they wanted to open up their floor to other group exercise classes.
“We love group exercise and feel it is the most fun and affordable way to get people committed to a regular exercise program,” says Nazario. However, you won’t find your run-of-the mill classes here, because this is not your run-of-the-mill gym. Known as Milwaukee’s “Anti-Gym,” The Fitness Asylum is a 2400 sq. ft. room with only functional training tools such as Kettlebells, Suspension trainers, and medicine balls. The space is wide open to accommodate large numbers of people and does not waste space with what the owners of The Asylum call “useless machines.”
Gaddour says: “People come to our gym to get sweaty and really work, there are no whiners here. You hear loud cheering after workouts. That is not something you normally hear at your local gym’” In addition to their enormously popular Mission: Metabolism Bootcamp, The Fitness Asylum will be adding a Kettlebell course, A.B.S. (Abs, Butt and Shoulders) class and a Weekend Warrior class in September and October. They also currently have already added kickboxing, Zumba and yoga to their schedule.
For more information on The Fitness Asylum, please visit
www.MilkwaukeeFitnessAsylum.com or call 414-455-4332. Many Mission: Metabolism classes are full, but a 5:15pm class will be added to the Fall schedule to accommodate more bootcampers.
- Get The Most Out of Your Self Storage Unit Space
- Clare Heights Senior Apartments Nationally Recognized
- Bay View resident awarded $3,000 Northwestern Mutual grant
- United Performing Arts Fund to Allocate a Record $9.175 Million to Performing Arts Groups
- New Bay View Salon Launches Holiday Program To Benefit Wisconsin Humane Society
- Stay Away From Our Flavors Big Tobacco
- Cigar MKE Rolling on a River is July 28th
- Prom and Graduation Safety
- Bay View Wine Fest Still Local Favorite
- New Yarn Shop Coming to Bay View