For Immediate Release Contact: Rep. Chris Sinicki
April 1, 2010 608-266-8588
Sinicki Votes to Protect Mass Transit, Ease Property Taxes
Assembly Transportation Committee Passes AB 282
MADISON – Following the 8-1 bipartisan vote on Assembly Bill 282, which allows creation of local regional transit authorities state-wide, State Rep . Sinicki (D – Milwaukee) issued the following statement:
“Regional transit is vital to Milwaukee’s economic development. It helps create jobs and gets people to the jobs they have,” said Rep. Sinicki. “Passage of this bill is the first step on the way to secure funding for transit that doesn’t rely so heavily on property tax revenues.”
“We made an important first step in Assembly Transportation, thanks to Chairman Steinbrink’s leadership, and thanks to the countless constituents and citizens who spoke out to protect mass transit.”
# # #
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stay Away From Our Flavors Big Tobacco
- Cigar MKE Rolling on a River is July 28th
- Prom and Graduation Safety
- Bay View Wine Fest Still Local Favorite
- New Yarn Shop Coming to Bay View
- Imagine Being 104 Years Old!
- MacDowell Club's Newest Members
- Children’s Audition Notice – Revised Audition Date
- Gallery Night Anniversary Celebration at Eco∙batik
- Bay View’s Gardner Earns Three Public Relations Awards