Three things you need to know about Alverno Presents and GLOBAL UNION
1. Single tickets for Alverno Presents 2010/2011 season go on sale this Tuesday, September 7. Box office opens at noon. Come to the Pitman Theatre, or call us at
414-382-6044, or purchase online. Joan Baez, Eddie Palmieri and Dianne Reeves are going fast, and that covers only three of “the nine best shows you see all year.”
2. But before Joan Baez and the other seven best shows to follow, there’s the first of the best -- Global Union, APs’ two-day, outdoor, FREE world music festival in beautiful Humboldt Park, Saturday, September 25 and Sunday, September 26, noon to 5:00 p.m. Check out the new Global Union 2010 artist preview video -- six Amazing Artists in three minutes (and change). Share it with your friends. Let's get everyone to the Festival.
3. And let’s get everyone pledging to Global Union on Kickstarter. We have 9 days to reach our $15,000 goal. We’re real close. We miss the goal, we get zero. But when we reach the goal by Friday, September 10, this $15,000 is matched with another $15,000.
at Alverno College
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HamBINGO Thursday December 5 Benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Nutcracker & Coppelia Ballet Performances at the Milwaukee Art Museum
- Opening Weekend for St. Ann Center's Indoor Winter Farmers Market
- Eat at Denny's to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- HamBINGO Thursday October 17 benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Halloween Donation Drive Saturday October 12 at Second Hand Purrs
- Academy of Classical Ballet Visits the South Shore Farmers' Market
- Camp Indian Sands Celebrates 50 Years
- 6/13-6/15: Three Day Rummage Sale at Second Hand Purrs (4300 S. Howell Avenue)
- HamBINGO Thursday June 6