WHAT DEEP GRIEF CAN TEACH US
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Are you ready to begin moving through the grief in your life? Are you seeking knowledge and tools to help you with this journey? The purpose of this workshop is to get you started by establishing a foundation for your own unique journey through loss. Deep grief is broadly defined as death of a loved one as well as other devastating life transitions such as divorce, illness or loss of a job.
Our work will get us started on:
• Gaining a deeper awareness of how losses provide learning opportunities and growth for all of us, whether we are the one who is directly experiencing the loss or are part of the support community (family, friends and professionals)
• Learning self-affirming ways to process loss
• Beginning to authentically identify our own individual learning journeys
• Applying adult learning frameworks to provide guidance and support for our learning journeys
Instructor: Vanessa O’Neil, Coordinator of Alverno Telesis Program, recently bereaved mother of infant daughter, Alverno Adjunct Faculty
THL-108-03 / Wednesday, April 28 / 6:30 – 8:30 pm / $32
To register for this class or other Telesis classes, please call Holly Plevak at 414-382-6176 or visit http://telesis.alverno.edu for online registration.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Memory Cafes coming to Bay View!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Open Studio: Wearable Art
- Bryan Bowers Autoharp Concert and workshop
- HamBINGO Thursday December 11 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Halloween Donation Drive Saturday October 25 at Second Hand Purrs
- Eat at Ruby Tuesday in Greendale July 10-12 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- It's South Shore Frolic Time!
- 3-Day Rummage Sale at Second Hand Purrs June 12-14
- Kitten Baby Shower Saturday May 10 at Second Hand Purrs
- HamBingo Wednesday March 26