WHAT DEEP GRIEF CAN TEACH US
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Are you ready to begin moving through the grief in your life? Are you seeking knowledge and tools to help you with this journey? The purpose of this workshop is to get you started by establishing a foundation for your own unique journey through loss. Deep grief is broadly defined as death of a loved one as well as other devastating life transitions such as divorce, illness or loss of a job.
Our work will get us started on:
• Gaining a deeper awareness of how losses provide learning opportunities and growth for all of us, whether we are the one who is directly experiencing the loss or are part of the support community (family, friends and professionals)
• Learning self-affirming ways to process loss
• Beginning to authentically identify our own individual learning journeys
• Applying adult learning frameworks to provide guidance and support for our learning journeys
Instructor: Vanessa O’Neil, Coordinator of Alverno Telesis Program, recently bereaved mother of infant daughter, Alverno Adjunct Faculty
THL-108-03 / Wednesday, April 28 / 6:30 – 8:30 pm / $32
To register for this class or other Telesis classes, please call Holly Plevak at 414-382-6176 or visit http://telesis.alverno.edu for online registration.
- It's South Shore Frolics Time!
- HamBINGO Thursday December 10 benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Continue honoring our veterans by helping them quit tobacco
- Jewelrly and Chili Sale Heats Up St. Ann Center
- Veg Out All Winter at St. Ann Center's Indoor Farmers Market
- HamBINGO Thursday October 8 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Milwaukee Public Library, Bay View Branch to Host Wisconsin Water Photo Display
- Pizzeria Piccola Society Sunday August 16 Benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Healing In The Garden
- Back to School Event for Foster Children Urges Public to Volunteer