WHAT DEEP GRIEF CAN TEACH US
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Are you ready to begin moving through the grief in your life? Are you seeking knowledge and tools to help you with this journey? The purpose of this workshop is to get you started by establishing a foundation for your own unique journey through loss. Deep grief is broadly defined as death of a loved one as well as other devastating life transitions such as divorce, illness or loss of a job.
Our work will get us started on:
• Gaining a deeper awareness of how losses provide learning opportunities and growth for all of us, whether we are the one who is directly experiencing the loss or are part of the support community (family, friends and professionals)
• Learning self-affirming ways to process loss
• Beginning to authentically identify our own individual learning journeys
• Applying adult learning frameworks to provide guidance and support for our learning journeys
Instructor: Vanessa O’Neil, Coordinator of Alverno Telesis Program, recently bereaved mother of infant daughter, Alverno Adjunct Faculty
THL-108-03 / Wednesday, April 28 / 6:30 – 8:30 pm / $32
To register for this class or other Telesis classes, please call Holly Plevak at 414-382-6176 or visit http://telesis.alverno.edu for online registration.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Valentine's Day Parents' Night Out/Kids' Night Out!
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin to host Advanced Manufacturing Forum prior to Annual Gala
- Chant Claire Chamber Choir Sings a New Song
- HamBINGO Thursday December 5 Benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Nutcracker & Coppelia Ballet Performances at the Milwaukee Art Museum
- Opening Weekend for St. Ann Center's Indoor Winter Farmers Market
- Eat at Denny's to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- HamBINGO Thursday October 17 benefiting Second Hand Purrs
- Halloween Donation Drive Saturday October 12 at Second Hand Purrs
- Academy of Classical Ballet Visits the South Shore Farmers' Market