The Milwaukee County Department on Aging and St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care will honor 35 youths who have helped to bridge the gap between the younger and older generations of our community through their volunteer involvement at St. Ann Center and several other senior community centers in the city.
As a service-learning project the youths learned job dependability, attendance, communicating with the elderly through a caring and friendly outreach. Friendships were formed, wisdom and humor shared, and the youths had the opportunity to gather and share their experiences to learn from what they had experienced.
Youth participants who ranged in age from 12 to 16 years old, will be honored for: Leadership, Compassion and Perfect Attendance
The event, which will be the 1st Annual “Gwen T. Jackson” Award, will be held on Thursday, May 6th at 6 p.m. at St. Ann Center for Intergenerational care
St. Ann Center for Intergenerational Care is a day services program for all ages and abilities under one roof, for children and adults. The facility is located at 2801 East Morgan Avenue, in the Bay View area of Milwaukee. For more information go to www.stanncenter.org or call (414) 977-5000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Loving Start Preschool Open House
- Give the Gift of Dance! Academy of Classical Ballet Offers Discounted Classes for the Holidays.
- Back to School? Shop Smart!
- MORE Robotics Kicks Off the 2013 Robotics Season
- Milwaukee Washington HS - Celebrating 100 Years
- Enrollment Still Open at St. Thomas Aquinas Academy
- Relay for Life At Saint Thomas More High School
- Kindergarten Round-Up
- Bay View Preschool & Childcare Now Accepting Applications For Fall
- Pulaski High School Class Reunion